Price paid (£x.xx)
Bottle size (ml)
Price per ml (pence)
£ 0.30
Percentage used in review
Concentrate cost to make 10 ml of e liquid
£0.60

Review

OK so what is a Boston Cream Pie? Being a Brit., I wasn’t 100% sure so went on t’interweb and looked it up. It’s a Victoria sponge cake with a rich cream filling and a huge very rich chocolate cream oodled on the top. It tastes…. To me it tasted like profiteroles, which is a good thing. I played around with voltages/power and – still got profiteroles. Very good it was too.

Maybe someone at Capella created a profiterole vape and the head honcho said “That’s a really good flavour (it is) and we want to go to market with it. But, don’t forget, average literacy levels in our country aren’t that great. Profiteroles may be a no goer. Go out and find another name for it that’s a simple word or words with not too many syllables and nothing too fancy – no ph’s or anything – look how Philadelphia suffers as a vacation destination for that very reason.”

And after a bit of research and some guzzling of much patisserie and a bit of a cake fest, they came back with “Boston Cream Pie”?

Meanwhile – I get cream and chocolate and something from the cake/pastry family, but to me it’s profiteroles: and very yummy.

My mix:

Base 11 ml
Pralines & Cream Concentrate 3 ml
Ethyl Maltol solution 0.5 ml
PA Sweetener 0.5 ml
Total 15 ml

I will be upping the sweetener next time I mix this to 0.75ml – not quite sweet enough.

Steeping

Essential, at least a week

Vapour

Throat hit

Value -commentary

A lot cheaper than profiteroles and virtually none of the calories: OK, I’m sold on that.

Use as a mixing ingredient

Effects on tanks and atomizers and any known ‘nasties’

Disclaimer

This concentrate was provided free of charge for test & review which has not prejudiced the integrity of the opinions herein. I have received neither payment nor payment in lieu through goods or services for writing this review. All opinions expressed in this review are my own and made as ‘fair comment’. Please bear in mind that flavour and taste are a very personal thing. This review has not been edited or moderated by the owners or moderators of www.planetofthevapes.co.uk who may or may not agree / disagree with the comments made therein. Prices may include discounts and may have changed since time of purchase. Whilst every effort has been made to be as accurate as possible - Errors and Omissions – Caveat Emptor (Buyer Beware).

Nice :) I will have to get some of this. I like Boston Cream Pie, I don't like profiteroles though, very different taste even though they have same concept. Comes down to the cakey/pastry bit I spose :D So I'd be interested if I got a different taste!

Back
Top Bottom