What's new

Capella - Vanilla Custard

Nope it was just sat on my shelf waiting for me to get through some other juices, lid on, and it just got darker and darker... I have another bit steeping which isn't dark yet but its only 3-4 days old...

With that being said, my GVC has gone the same colour and when put on my IGO has the same peppery taste.

I am probably talking rubbish but, after seeing your beautiful bottles, I happened to think that my Bella valente was in a glass dropper bottle. When it happened, million years ago somebody on ECF suggested that some flavours might react with the plastic/rubber in the dropper cap.
But other flavours in the same kind of bottle never gave me any problem.. Uhhh.. Mysteries of vaping :)

I am probably talking rubbish but, after seeing your beautiful bottles, I happened to think that my Bella valente was in a glass dropper bottle. When it happened, million years ago somebody on ECF suggested that some flavours might react with the plastic/rubber in the dropper cap.
But other flavours in the same kind of bottle never gave me any problem.. Uhhh.. Mysteries of vaping :)

I am taking delivery on monday of about 30 glass bottles, so maybe I'll be able to report a difference?

As it stands right now, I have to chuck about 5ml of this out, its completely unvapeable :(

Some questions that may point you towards an answer.....

Did you use different nicotine stock? some nicotines (usually VG based I have found - the ones that are light brown in colour) can cause a peppery taste when left to steep with some concentrates (not all)?

Did you steep with the cap on or off?

Where (in relation to other potential contamenents) did you steep the liquid?

Was it a new bottle or a re-used one?

Are you sure you got the nic value correct, overdoing it can give hard TH and a peppery taste.

Did you use different nicotine stock? some nicotines (usually VG based I have found - the ones that are light brown in colour) can cause a peppery taste when left to steep with some concentrates (not all)?

Nope, same nic base I have used since September, not happened in any other mix I've made :(

Did you steep with the cap on or off?

On :)

Where (in relation to other potential contamenents) did you steep the liquid?

I steep on the shelf above my desk.. there are only 2-3 bottles at any given time of other juice around it.

Was it a new bottle or a re-used one?
New Bottle :D

Are you sure you got the nic value correct, overdoing it can give hard TH and a peppery taste.

Yes :)

I have my mix and a GVC mix and both have done this peppery thing. I have tried both on several different methods, tank, igo, 306,

This is weird! Most of my capella mixes started out quite promising, but have slowly deteriorated into fairly tasteless, with a hint of what they originally started as. I've added EM and sweetener, and more concentrate but there is little improvement. This has happened to me before and after a month the "insipid" juice turned into something rather nice. I'm hoping that the capella ones do the same... :(

I've only made a 10ml test bottle of Capella VC so far, steeped for a week when I had my second taste yesterday.
It started off, I thought, nicer than GVC. It's still nice but not as sweet, but I've been advised to steep for 2 weeks.
It's still good but a friend who was given a taste of GVC and mine yesterday said mine could do with being sweeter.
My mix is only Capella Vanilla Custard and EM. So, depending on how it ends up, I'm wondering if I should add either/and sweetener and/or vanilla.
Mine tastes fine to me so far but the GVC is a little sweeter. If mine doesn't lose the sweetness it has now, it's good to my taste and I'll make a bigger batch with no twaking.

Re-used bottle, with needle cap, steeped for a day with cap off, 2 days cap on but air entry via neddle cap, since then, cover on needle. Short time in sunlight, only the cat thought it was a toy, so got tired of finding the bottle on the floor, been kept in the cupboard ever since.

Back
Top Bottom