What's new

vw mod wire gauge

tomkz18

Postman
Hi I have always wanted to make my own vw mod and decided to give it a go but cant figure out the best wire gauge and type for my purpose I'm going to be making a 60w yihi powered mod I don't usually vape below 0.3 ohms I'm gonna be using a fat daddy vapes 510 connector and house it in a cnc aluminum box what wire gauge and switch do you think will be the best and safest for my requirements ???

Hi I have always wanted to make my own vw mod and decided to give it a go but cant figure out the best wire gauge and type for my purpose I'm going to be making a 60w yihi powered mod I don't usually vape below 0.3 ohms I'm gonna be using a fat daddy vapes 510 connector and house it in a cnc aluminum box what wire gauge and switch do you think will be the best and safest for my requirements ???

16-18 AWG'll be fine. I'm assuming you're meaning the SX350 60w board, which the majority of it comes pre-wired. You just need a wire from the Negative of the battery to ground and one from the board to negative if you want reverse protection.

16-18 AWG'll be fine. I'm assuming you're meaning the SX350 60w board, which the majority of it comes pre-wired. You just need a wire from the Negative of the battery to ground and one from the board to negative if you want reverse protection.

Thanks and what do you usually use to insulate the board from the aluminium enclosure I was considering using some thin abs sheet but I'm not sure if it'll work.

Thanks and what do you usually use to insulate the board from the aluminium enclosure I was considering using some thin abs sheet but I'm not sure if it'll work.

Always best to insulate. Although generally if the enclosure is coated, be it painted, anodised or powder coated, you should be fine not insulating.

Always best to insulate. Although generally if the enclosure is coated, be it painted, anodised or powder coated, you should be fine not insulating.

Ok thanks I got a cammdenboss enclosure because they don't have the hammond lean it came in raw aluminium I'll probs paint the inside aswell as the outside then lay some electrical tape under the exposed parts because I have very limited height because my 18650 battery holder with the battery in only just doesn't touch the lid.

Also I looked at the box mods made by you and they're really good.

I'd probably use some kapton tape for insulation as well as painting

Kapton, it's more for insulating electronics that get hot. It's used extensively in 3D printing for that exact reason. If an enclosure is painted or powder coated, it's insulated. There's nothing that gets really hot in a mod, unless something is really wrong.

Back
Top Bottom