What's new

Heated discussion

I only started vaping as I've moved into a second story flat and I can't pop out for a fag when nippers in bed but I can cloud out the living room :) that is the only reason I've switched from fags to vaping. But after a week I'd never go back... As far as is vaping healthy I couldn't really care less nothing that's nice is healthy... Beer, chocolate etc etc

You're right @ned, flavouring is more than one ingredient, so 4 is basically untrue.

The thing with Diacetyl is that it shouldn't be in eliquids, its most commonly found in buttery/creamy type liquids. it's a risk that is known and is avoidable, as it potentially can lead to 'popcorn lung'.

However , the reason why vaping is so much safer than smoking is that there is no combustion. It is at combustion point that the vast majority of toxins are released

Things are very different today than when smoking was found to be bad for us in the 1950s. We have huge amounts of information about what chemicals cause cancer, and importantly the concentration.

Nothing, repeat nothing has been found yet that is sufficient to think vaping will cause cancer. We can never say never but Professors with 20 years experience in tobacco harm reduction estimate that it's about 95% less risky than smoking.

Now you see this is very alarmist saying these comments and is just plain wrong. The whole popcorn lung diacetyl thing has never been proven no test was every carried out to confirm that diacetyl was the cause of popcorn lung so bandying this sort of thing about is simply wrong.

Diacetyl was found to have caused cancer in labrats strangely enough not popcorn lung! but how much diacetyl was the damn rats given is unsure, one thing is sure is if you make anyone shove enough stuff into a rats lung it will possibly end up croaking it!

Now you see this is very alarmist saying these comments and is just plain wrong. The whole popcorn lung diacetyl thing has never been proven no test was every carried out to confirm that diacetyl was the cause of popcorn lung so bandying this sort of thing about is simply wrong.

Diacetyl was found to have caused cancer in labrats strangely enough not popcorn lung! but how much diacetyl was the damn rats given is unsure, one thing is sure is if you make anyone shove enough stuff into a rats lung it will possibly end up croaking it!

You are of course completely entitled to your own opinion, as I am to mine, -and I disagree.

Currently, there is a huge amount of uncertainty about diacetyls contribution to disease amongst smokers, but it is well accepted that smoking is the major contributory factor to COPD and emphysema. We also know that there is diacetyl present in tobacco cigarettes.

The reality is that popcorn lung and its impact on smokers is very probably under diagnosed . When post mortems have taken place on COPD sufferers a significant percentage do indeed have 'popcorn lung ( bronchiolitis obliterans). However,it is more common that no post mortem takes place and their death chalked up as simply dying from a smoking related illness. Previously no money has ever been spent on trying to identify as to which part of the cigarette 'dun them in' theire was no need.

However it is a pertinent question to us now, and there is enough evidence to raise a high degree of clinical suspicion.

Like I said it's an avoidable risk, and in MY opinion it shouldn't be there, especially now when we have so many vendors producing superb juices without using any diacetyl at all.and then post up the evidence.to prove it.

You pay your money and you make you choice. I know where I'll be spending mine.

Last edited:
You know, I think I may have said this before but I reckon it bears saying again :

Weigh up the potential risks for yourself, make choices based on that and accept the responsibility of any consequences of your own decisions.

Vaping has had one of the most stringent clinical trials in history ... millions of people have vaped for years and yet in the US .....

Attachments

• vapepeanuts.jpg
    vapepeanuts.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 60
You are of course completely entitled to your own opinion, as I am to mine, -and I disagree.

Currently, there is a huge amount of uncertainty about diacetyls contribution to disease amongst smokers, but it is well accepted that smoking is the major contributory factor to COPD and emphysema. We also know that there is diacetyl present in tobacco cigarettes.

The reality is that popcorn lung and its impact on smokers is very probably under diagnosed . When post mortems have taken place on COPD sufferers a significant percentage do indeed have 'popcorn lung ( bronchiolitis obliterans). However,it is more common that no post mortem takes place and their death chalked up as simply dying from a smoking related illness. Previously no money has ever been spent on trying to identify as to which part of the cigarette 'dun them in' theire was no need.

However it is a pertinent question to us now, and there is enough evidence to raise a high degree of clinical suspicion.

Like I said it's an avoidable risk, and in MY opinion it shouldn't be there, especially now when we have so many vendors producing superb juices without using any diacetyl at all.and then post up the evidence.to prove it.

You pay your money and you make you choice. I know where I'll be spending mine.

Thanks!
And when youve removed all suspected ingredients let me know fella oh by the way you do know that vg is totally untested on humans too eh? then let me know which ingredient IS fine to use. Lets face it once they remove this ingredient they will find another thats not good for you either like all the ingredients that names end with dehide etc the list is endless and even if you remove all flavorings there is the base of which only pg has been tested how nice will that go down with you? Meanwhile Im enjoying my custards as usual :)

Thanks!
And when youve removed all suspected ingredients let me know fella oh by the way you do know that vg is totally untested on humans too eh? then let me know which ingredient IS fine to use. Lets face it once they remove this ingredient they will find another thats not good for you either like all the ingredients that names end with dehide etc the list is endless and even if you remove all flavorings there is the base of which only pg has been tested how nice will that go down with you? Meanwhile Im enjoying my custards as usual :)

I am not going to argue with you, you have the information som do as you will. For info, I'm thoroughly enjoying my custard right now too, -.diacetyl free :D

I am not going to argue with you, you have the information som do as you will. For info, I'm thoroughly enjoying my custard right now too, -.diacetyl free :D

No problem just dont like folk spreading false info thats all enjoy :)

No problem just dont like folk spreading false info thats all enjoy :)

Out of order :12:
I have clearly explained my opinion and rationale for that opinion. I have also said that you are entitled to your own. M

Back
Top Bottom