Vape Superstore
What's new

Don't shoot me lol

sduncb

Achiever
So im bringing up the 95% less harmful than cigarette point again. I know what you are thinking, here we go again.

But this point is more geared... No thats not the right saying... More at the policies and thoights of the people over the pond...

I received a bottle of the milkman today (not the one hit wonder one, the other one that comes in a box like a milk carton) and on reading the side it appears the americans have already deemed vaping as bad as smoking tobacco with a too the point warning message.

Im not after a debate on yes or know. To be honest im not sure what im after but i thpught maybe the minds of the people may be able to put words in my head so to speak lol

Attachments

• 1441478528274.jpg
    1441478528274.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 335
Innokin
first line says it all imo.

'these are smoking products'

get that right and i might consider what else they have to say.

first line says it all imo.

'these are smoking products'

get that right and i might consider what else they have to say.

I never even noticed that one. I just saw the warning

Vape Green
It's Standard wording they are forced to put on so that they can sell the products in the US and particularly in California, TBH If they didn't have to they wouldn't. Any way, no one takes any notice of it...

It's like the "Caution - Contents Hot" you get on coffee cups, arse covering so that when some dipstick septic thinks "I wonder what will happen if I pour this Scalding Hot coffee over my bollocks / cat / baby" they don't get sued silly...

Last edited:
It has to do with an ongoing political battle happening in California at the moment.

See California lawmakers act to raise smoking age to 21, restrict e-cigarettes - LA Times for a summary

California has been one of the most liberal states, allowing the use of medical marijuana and running with low cigarette tax. That makes it a large target in American political terms for the various anti-smoking lobbyists.

If you're interested in American politics then you can believe the label :)

If you're interested in the potential health risks of vaping then there's a lot of good info on this site.

For the TLDR vaping has been done by millions of people for several years and there have been ZERO cases or problems. Vaping has had more public clinical testing than any pharmaceutical drug, and has yet to be proven to cause any serious medical problems.

Royal Flush Vape
I would take no notice of the notice just like I did when actuall smoking ,even if they had stuck a piece of rotten lung on the package,I will kill myself or not however I choose its no one else's business IMO...but thanks for your concerns ,have a nice day lol :D

Last edited:
Well, they don't want vapers, they want smokers. Isn't a lot of what's happening in certain states to do with the Tobacco Master Settlement Agreement (MSA)? This from 2012:

Last week came word that due to the Master Settlement Agreement, California is facing major fiscal problems. You see, it seems that cigarette smoking has been decreasing more rapidly than expected and this decline in cigarette consumption is affecting payments to the state under the MSA. Since the state decided to borrow money against its expected future payments, the declining revenues affect its ability to pay back investors in bonds that were used to securitize the future payments. According to an article in California Watch, there are currently $2.9 billion in outstanding bonds. The need to pay back investors in these bonds could create fiscal havoc, aggravating an already terrible budget situation.

The Rest of the Story: Tobacco News Analysis and Commentary: Master Settlement Agreement Causing Major Budget Woes for States; Further Evidence that MSA Was a Public Health Blunder by the Attorneys General

Vape Green
Wow.

I had no idea vaping was so harmful. I've been living under a misapprehension for far too long apparently.

Time to order a skip to chuck all the cancer causing vape gear in I think.

Does anyone have a contact for buying snide baccy?

The Electronic Cigarette Company
Back
Top Bottom