What's new

Review Youde (UD) Goblin Mini RTA (Build and Wicking Added)

Just got this atomiser today and it's pissing me off. I tried various builds in single coil mode and it just won't wick properly at 25w or even wick that well at 20w. I tried not putting cotton in the juice channel, tired doing a kayfun type build where you just push the cotton down a little over the juice channels. Tried putting more cotton in the juice channels. It's a nightmare.

If it's any help, I followed Trevor Jones's goblin review and build on YouTube and it works great.

Thanks, i'll check it out. I think maybe my airflow was too open but I wouldn't have though it would be a problem to run it fully open especially in single coil mode as you're getting half the airflow anyway. Shutting it down to half way may have solved the issue for me so I guess that's 1/4 of the tanks available airflow. Seems strange if it's designed that way.

Just got this atomiser today and it's pissing me off. I tried various builds in single coil mode and it just won't wick properly at 25w or even wick that well at 20w. I tried not putting cotton in the juice channel, tired doing a kayfun type build where you just push the cotton down a little over the juice channels. Tried putting more cotton in the juice channels. It's a nightmare.

I had a bit of bother with mine, but I was being overcautious thinking it would leak.

Cut the cotton as close as your scissors will get to the deck, juice it up a bit, then use a pokey thing of some sort to drag half the wick end down to the channel, and the top half up out of the way toward the coil. You only need a teeeny bit just touching the channels.

I'll try to get a photo next time I rewick if you're still having any bother.

Wick it exactly like Trevor Jones shows you in this video and hopefully you will not get any dry hits.
I say hopefully because your didn't single builds and not duel. I haven't done single coz I think they have just thrown that one in and it was designed primarily to be deul, still wick exactly and I'd be surprised if you do get a dry hit. I've been using the mini a lot and the Goblin for a lo g time with 70 or 80% vg and I can honestly say I've not experienced a dry hit once.
https://youtu.be/SOzZw8ppG-0

Posted this in the main forum but thought Id add to my review as its less likely to get lost.

Never really been that keen on the standard Goblin Mini Drip Tips. Always wanted a nice one to replace it. However the drip tip adapter which it comes with didnt really fit that snug. The glass one has niggled me, I don't like the look of condensed juice inside, it looks bit mucky. Seen a post about someone who was making acrylic/ss tips for the Mini. I got in touch with Vince (Vince's Tips on Facebook) last Thursday and asked if he could make me a Stainless Steel tip. I was willing to have one just without the acrylic on the outside if he couldn't. He got back to be on Friday evening to say he'd made a sample. He decided that after he'd made it he liked it, so made up another for me. He's now selling the acrylic and plain stainless ones. It is a quality tip, I normally just use standard ones which come with the atty. I like the plain stainless/OEM look. Fits really nice and doesn't pop out. Well worth the £10 posted.

w7j87q.jpg

2qmkrgw.jpg

Just got this little gem today! Bags of flavor, nice vapor, using it as an out and about vape on my SMPL mech, so chucked in a .5ohm dual coil build, wicked it up, and not had no trouble at all. No dry hits, no leakage, been chain vaping it on and off all day.

I keep taking the drip tip off.. Can't get used to the fact I'm using a tank lol.

5IKaPxv.jpg

Back
Top Bottom