Innokin
What's new

Review SubTank "top fill" replacement Tank

MrTeaTime

Legend
I bought this on a bit of a whim really. For one, im not really that fussed about having to unscrew the base to fill up, but there are times that i used to think that it would be handy to have a top filling section. So when Fasttech had these i decided to get me a couple.....and here's my thoughts....

https://www.fasttech.com/products/2804000

Now, on first impressions aint that great....for one, the first of the two i got had dodgy threading on the base. In fact, they were so bad that it was useless......so far, so shit....

Anyway, onto the one that was actually ok :)

20150824_124357_zpsn93amyvm.jpg

The tank is of a similar build quality and is exactly the same as the Kanger, apart from the top section

20150824_124435_zpsxhajavto.jpg

There are two small holes that allow you to fill your tank. This is it in the 'open' position. The top twist's to open, and you turn it to close

20150824_124442_zpsoxtdlbfr.jpg

When twisted closed, the top cap needs only a gentle turn to lock it in place. Its a pretty ingenious design. However, there is just one flaw to this design.....

20150824_124630_zpsg1ofoa5s.jpg

Now, it is possible to fill it using a normal needle tipped bottle, but believe me, its messy and a major league pain in the arse....what you need is either a syringe, or one of these....

20150824_124721_zpsfep57vng.jpg

Using a needle tipped bottle like this, or a syringe is a doddle, and fits no problem....making it easy and mess free to fill.

20150824_124805_zpsjfdqbgo0.jpg

Job done :)

In conclusion, this is ok for the $7 it cost, it does what its supposed to do and solves a problem....if only the fill holes were a bit bigger....

E-liquids.com
Do you think they could be drilled wider and still work effectivly or would it balls the whole setup?
MrTeaTime

AcmeFog
------

In conclusion, this is ok for the $7 it cost, it does what its supposed to do and solves a problem....if only the fill holes were a bit bigger....

I'm not sure there is a problem to be solved there, I don't have an issue unscrewing the lower section and filling as required, but hey ho..Its a nice design apart from the hole size.

I'm not seeing an O-ring groove in the top part for the drip tip retention though....

Innokin
True that - although I would like to pop that little bit extra juice in so it fills it completely.

Ah well, if you need more than the recommended 4.5 ml, and perhaps desire a longer range from your subtank, what you need sir is the 'Feegle Stick' (pat pending).

The Feegle Stick (pat pending) is inserted up the chimney prior to filling until the tip of the stick is visible at the bottom (RBA end) of the chimney. The tip of the Feegle Stick(pat pending) is carefully crafted and constructed to close tolerances to seal the chimney during the filling process avoiding spilling your precious favourite jus du jour.

Fill the tank to the desired level beyond the normal chimney limit, and once the base is screwed on, and the tank inverted to its normal operating orientation, withdraw the Feegle Stick (pat pending) through the drip tip aperture.

If you can't find a Feegle Stick (pat pending) at your local Vape outlet, try your local chemist, you will often find Feegle Sticks (pat pending) in boxes marked 'Cotton Buds'. The blue plastic ones fit Subtank chimneys perfectly.

Be warned over zealous filling with a Feegle Stick (pat pending) in place can lead to the tank overflowing when the RBA section is screwed back on, do not blame Feegle enterprises for this, blame some Greek dude called Archimedes.

Last edited:
Vape Green
Back
Top Bottom