What's new

Want to make my first mod. VTR innards?

st182

Postman
Hi All,

My first time posting in this section, but I have been popping on for a read every now and then.

I'm thinking of making my first box mod, as a 12 month stinky free present to myself.

I have read lots on here, information and websites you've all linked through to etc (thanks for that), and I was going to go for just a simple mosfet box.

But, then i thought maybe i could sacrifice the innards from my innokin itaste VTR and make a VW mod that way? Has anyone tried this?

My VTR was second hand and is battered into oblivion- it now is temperemental in operation and I'd love for its innards to "live on!"

Any opinions / advice much appreciated.

Cheers

Dan

Hi All,

My first time posting in this section, but I have been popping on for a read every now and then.

I'm thinking of making my first box mod, as a 12 month stinky free present to myself.

I have read lots on here, information and websites you've all linked through to etc (thanks for that), and I was going to go for just a simple mosfet box.

But, then i thought maybe i could sacrifice the innards from my innokin itaste VTR and make a VW mod that way? Has anyone tried this?

My VTR was second hand and is battered into oblivion- it now is temperemental in operation and I'd love for its innards to "live on!"

Any opinions / advice much appreciated.

Cheers

Dan

Totally possible, just a transplant of the guts..

Tbh though, I wouldn't bother...
At the end of the day, there's much better easier chips than the VTR's...
And the adjustment will me awkward as sin due to its design.

I'd personally have a look for something like a 40-50 watt vamo board... As they're a piece of piss to solder and cheap as chips.
Plus, there's loads of guides for those. :)

Raguri has a point, you can pick up an iStick clone board for about £12ish.

the 40w vamo boards from fasttech work well (the 50w requires 2 battery's) built a few 40w my self and at abought £10 don't think you can go far wrong, easy to wire up and you can snip the switches off if you want to move them plus there is no 2 second wake delay like the dna clones

OK that's cool, cheers for the heads up and thoughts people.

Thinking about it, I have now shelved my Sigelei mini 30 (very tempremental fire button), and my first regulated box mod MVP2 is coming closer to the end of its life aswell (battery life not ideal and 510 slowly dying).

Being the weird type person I am, I might just rip the innards out of those and weigh up rehousing them using new cells, as i'd love the spirit of these mods to live on if i can lol.

If i decide not to do that i'll have a look at the other chips mentioned, nice one! Or i'll revert back to plan a, a basic mosfet mod afterall :)

nowt wrong with a bit of recycling looking forwards to seeing what you build

I've got a similar idea, to transplant istick organs into a new body kind of thing, I think it might be one of the best ways to start learning about modding without prior experience.

Nice one chaps, i'd love to breath a bit of life into them and see them carry on a little! istick project sounds ideal are you going to give it a go?

After further thinking, my MVP is still working, and in rotation so that's staying as it is, and I even have a couple of EGO threaded tanks so it can live on to fight another year as it is once the 510 threads completely fail. (it was my first ever regulated mod so want it to live as long as poss!)

So, it will either be VTR (preferred) or the sigelei mini (if i can somehow remote connect a fire button, depending what the chip is like).

I've just ordered a big plastic enclosure for ease of build, so once that's arrived and I get some free time i'll strip apart the VTR and weigh up the job :57:

i got some VTR innards im thinking of making a new mod from too ;) last of 4 VTRs i got a while back.
2 have been modded out (they are posted on this forum somewhere ;3 )
one kept vanilla except for the 510 that i have swapped out on all of them for a new one
and the final one was the designated donor. mostly screws and undamaged parts. this is the one i plan to use the innards for a new mod.

Back
Top Bottom