What's new

Important update from ECITA: Legal advice re prospective bans

OK, as promised the handout is up and ready for download. I know it's a bit cheeky, but if everyone here printed it out and hand delivered it to each of their MPs and MEPs, maybe, just maybe we can make a difference? Obviously, if you don't agree with anything it says, then don't, but if you DO agree, and want to protect YOUR right to vape, then please get this out there! http://ecita.org.uk/a4 2 sided handout feb 2013.pdf

Also, if you supply into local shops in your area, or know the people in there, maybe you could encourage those outlets to display the information with the products? Anything we can do to get the message out there can only help.

Thank you all for your support!

Cheers,

Katherine

(MODS: I don't know if you can sticky this, or find some other clever way of ensuring every member sees it, but I'd be grateful for anything you can do in this regard. Thank you.)

We would be quite happy to support you in putting this on display in our shops great work by the way.

Last edited:
OK, as promised the handout is up and ready for download. I know it's a bit cheeky, but if everyone here printed it out and hand delivered it to each of their MPs and MEPs, maybe, just maybe we can make a difference? Obviously, if you don't agree with anything it says, then don't, but if you DO agree, and want to protect YOUR right to vape, then please get this out there! http://ecita.org.uk/a4%202%20sided%20handout%20feb%202013.pdf

Also, if you supply into local shops in your area, or know the people in there, maybe you could encourage those outlets to display the information with the products? Anything we can do to get the message out there can only help.

Thank you all for your support!

Cheers,

Katherine

(MODS: I don't know if you can sticky this, or find some other clever way of ensuring every member sees it, but I'd be grateful for anything you can do in this regard. Thank you.)

I have stickied this in another Important ECITA thread :D

We met with the legal team today to discuss our options in the face of the EU proposal,

Hi Katherine , I doctored a pic of Tonio Borg the EU president for fun in another thread, but thought it might add a little humour here ... and you never know, there is always a chance that a little truth may be concealed in a joke ... :strawberry:

tonio bid.jpg

How EU democracy seems to work.

1) Getting things 'done'

The pharmaceutical companies want e cigs out of the way. Due to corruption, bribery is impossible so, some high ranker at the Commission at some junket has a little chat with someone from Big Pharma. Official's builder's slightly retarded daughter applies for a 150k euro a year job at a pharma company and is gainfully employed auditing stationery. Grateful builder builds official's villa free of charge. Big Pharma's desires are slipped into the Tobacco Directive.

The Commissions assemble a list of all interested parties and take great care to ommit a few interested parties - such as users of electronic cigarettes, vendors, trade associations, consumer organisations, medical experts and medical bodies in favour of vaping. Some EMPs object. Because the Commissioners have no remit to do what the EMPs or European Parliament wants, they are ignored, as per the norm. You continue to do what you, in your non directly elected sinecure allows you to do and which promotes your best interests and those of your buddies. You pass some laws. They are contested in court and technically flawed, disproportionate and not taking into account the rights and interests of the citizens you are supposed to be working for. They get lobbed out. Your mates offer you a few more benefits to have another go at an appropriate moment.

2) Spending Money where it's needed

You have been stuffed by the banks and your previously corrupt or inept predecessors. You wish to stop your economy collapsing and your people starving and you need to spend money. You canvass support amongst EMPs and political allies. You do what the Germans tell you to do. Your people go into poverty and hate you. You have no alternatives. The EU drags you to court for not being French and failing to implement its banana regulations.

Hi Katherine , I doctored a pic of Tonio Borg the EU president for fun in another thread, but thought it might add a little humour here ... and you never know, there is always a chance that a little truth may be concealed in a joke ... :strawberry:

View attachment 4627

I have saved that to my 'European Commission' folder and who knows? It may yet appear on a future handout :P

Excellent work as always, my friend! :)

Cheers,

Katherine

There was a meeting of the Home Affairs Tobacco Committee today (13/3)with Anna Soubry giving evidence. Most of it is about cigarettes, but forward on to 11.31 and there is an interesting discussion on E Cigs and at 11.08 the Chairman said "This Directive will not be approved just like that."

Interesting stuff

LINK HERE

Hi all i will willingly support this movement, i think if enough people support causes like this we could end up with happy vapers and a healthier world to breath in, this is a growing business trying to help people quit tobacco smoking but as usual there will be a minority spoiling the business by selling cheap copies and nasty liquids in corner shops and pound shops, i know people will say im just trying to promote my business but in truth im not, but the amount of people buying cheap inferior liquids and suffering side effects like burning gums and mouth ulsa's is on the increase and is giving vaping a bad reputation which lets face it we DONT want to happen, giving the anti-vapers bullets to fire at us all,

as you can see i am a retailer and yes i own the company with my wife but im for the cause and have not mentioned where my shops are lol

Regards
Carl

Back
Top Bottom