What's new

Important update from ECITA: Legal advice re prospective bans

Thanks to all at ECITA and Katherine too....if you need any help with lobbying the media etc, let me know, Im good at that sort of thing...plenty of experience at corporate level stuff!

thank You Katherine for your Sterling work for us Vapers and for our Community and also all the Team on POTV

Ah, yes. My email is in the public domain :( ;)

I have finished the handout, and am now hoping that Tom will be able to get it up (fnar! ;)) on the website asap so that you can all have it. :)

I'll keep you posted.

As for the query about how fast the MHRA will move, tbh I don't think that's too much of a concern. They've already had their knuckles resoundingly rapped about their shoddy consultation (which Clive Bates described as a 'sham' on a recent conversation between us!) (see http://www.ecita.org.uk/blog/?p=184) and they have been forced to concede that taking these products off the market in some aggressive way would be a mistake. (LOL)

Consequently, I personally believe they are going to suggest about 2 years to come into medicines regulation - which won't happen anyway, because their arguments don't stack up.

So all's well, and there's no need to worry. What needs to be done is being done. And you guys are helping enormously by getting on board with writing to the people with the power to make a difference. :)

It's a privilege to be part of this community, it really is!

Cheers,

Katherine

The handout

Not sure if this will work, but I'll try to upload the handout here...

Nope. Doesn't work. :( It's too big for the file size limit on here.

You'll just have to wait! ;)

Cheers,

Katherine

Not sure if this will work, but I'll try to upload the handout here...

Nope. Doesn't work. :( It's too big for the file size limit on here.

You'll just have to wait! ;)

Cheers,

Katherine

Is it in PDF format? If you want to email it to me, I might be able to suss out an alternative so it can be put up?

I think it's only the new people with a real shop who don't start with cigalikes. I started with Smokers Angel and found cartos weren't for me.
But now we have a shop (plug Sweet Cloud, Farnbourough if I am allowed) most new people are shown egos and go away happilly with those, clearos and the juice they sometimes pick after trying the entire stock.
But for others we have several garages selling disposables and a corner shop selling elites. Apparently they're selling like hot cakes, and this year the new shop has had a constant stream of traffic, mostly new users.

But most know nothing about the dual threats (our government and EU) because so little makes the news and what does is always anti to some extent. After all, it wouldn't be balanced not to include the 'expert' with a few degrees who hints that it's safer to smoke.

People who live in ivory towers shouln't kill elephants or they'll not be able to repair the towers. (I know, weird mangled quote but the best I could think of).

so little makes the news and what does is always anti to some extent. After all, it wouldn't be balanced not to include the 'expert' with a few degrees who hints that it's safer to smoke.

Maybe the tide is turning. This was quite a positive report broacast recently on BBC Breakfast.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom