What's new

Important update from ECITA: Legal advice re prospective bans

Doodlebug

Postman
Hi, all,

We met with the legal team today to discuss our options in the face of the EU proposal, and the imminent MHRA position statement. (We anticipate that the MHRA will announce on the 13th March, rather than waiting until May, because they like to roll the drum on No Smoking Day.)

We discussed all the issues for both UK and EU level. The legal experts reckon we have a strong case, particularly with regard to proportionality, and we shall be getting an official Opinion from a QC in the next couple of weeks. They described the proposed Directive as possibly being 'legally flawed' in several respects, which means we have a good chance of mounting a successful legal challenge.

We shall continue to fire on all cylinders, and will be asking for your help in getting the right messages to the right people in each of your constituencies in the coming weeks. I hope we can count on your support as we all join together for this crucial fight.

This is not an industry fighting for its survival in isolation; this is a fight for every single one of us who has discovered vaping - and it is a fight for our lives. We hope you will join us as we take the fight to them, rather than waiting for them to attack us even further.

Sincere thanks to Elites, not only for providing outstanding Chairmanship of ECITA since its inception in the form of Mike Ryan, but also for providing access to a top notch legal team, with the expertise and skills to bring us ALL safely home - as an industry and as a community of vapers.

We shall keep you informed as things progress, and would be grateful if a moderator could sticky this thread.

I should also like to offer my personal thanks particularly to Markyd, for inviting me to this forum and for his continued support over 3 years now; to KMS for ensuring that our blog could be hosted here; and to all of you who have welcomed me into this part of the community. I only wish I had more time to spend in here chatting with you all, but on balance, I'm sure you would all rather have me doing what I'm doing, which is to get out there and collect the big sticks to fend off the big bad boys! :)

Happy and long-lived vaping, one and all!

Cheers,

Katherine

Cheers Katherine. Here are a lot of active folk here who truly care about Vaping and will I'm sure be supporting you and your continued efforts. :)

(I'm just plain old Mark these days lol)

Stickied :D this sounds like the ray of light we've all been praying for, that's fantastic! I might even go and buy an elite tomorrow just as a thank you gesture (I'm not being sarcastic by the way, i really mean it). We all appreciate all of your hard work and I'm sure you can count on as much help as we can all give! When it's over and we've won hopefully you'll have more time to come and chill out with us-you are amazing :)

Stickied :D this sounds like the ray of light we've all been praying for, that's fantastic! I might even go and buy an elite tomorrow just as a thank you gesture (I'm not being sarcastic by the way, i really mean it). We all appreciate all of your hard work and I'm sure you can count on as much help as we can all give! When it's over and we've won hopefully you'll have more time to come and chill out with us-you are amazing :)
Lol I stickied it but it became unstuck as you had stickied it seconds before. Stickied again. ;)
I started with an elite. Got me where I am today

LOL guys! Tom and I do that occasionally with the lights in our office. If we come in through different doors, we hit the light switch at the same time and turn them on and then off again immediately! lol

I'm really so grateful for the support shown to us here. You did a great job with this forum.

And you'll always be Markyd to me, Mark! ;) (You were one of the first other vapers I ever met, so you'll always have a special place in my heart. :))

We will keep you updated as regularly as possible.

Cheers,

Katherine

Every member of this forum needs to see this!! Katherine THANK YOU for every thing, and I mean every thing you do for this community and for every vaper out there! This is the silver lining sparkling off that ray of light Purplefowler sees!

THANKS Katherine!!! I'm new here but by the sounds of it your doing an excellent job!!

Thanks Katherine, very good news indeed.
By any chance, could you tell us when whichever decision will be taken on the 13th will actually become effective and enforceable?

I await the ECITA guidance. It's been hard not to write so far - but I have been on "Write to them" and everything is in place for my MP and Euro MPs.

Back
Top Bottom