What's new

Review Youde (UD) Goblin Mini RTA (Build and Wicking Added)

Things I really like about it:

Great compact size and the fact you can see your deck from airhole or by removing drip tip really makes it feel and taste like a dripper, with a decent capacity tank.
Build quality is not bad at all, the deck chimney section has a perfectly aligned "Goblin Mini" logo that seems centred intentionally.
Flavour is the best I've tried for a device capable of direct lung and huge airflow.
Deck is easy to work on and the single coil adapter does its job well. Very adaptable overall.

Things I hate:

Airflow holes are fine under coils but the air intake should really be on side to prevent leaks. Condensation and small juice leaks do happen and are an issue as it sits on your mod.
Juice hole screw would be better as a Philips head.
When in single coil you can't vape every last drop when nearly empty as it sits in opposite unused juice channels.
Nitpicking now but if it had a removable deck without draining that would have been great. Size would have bigger so understandable.

Last edited:
Received 2 Goblin Minis today, cleaned up and first tank being vaped.
Very easy to build (2 x 2.4mm coils, 8 wraps of 0.4 kanthal 0.45ohms), just a little more time to spend on the wicks than I'm used to these days.
Airflow is nice, fully open, and the flavour's pretty good. Flavour might improve if I raise the resistance up to 0.7 or 0.8.

First impressions - I like it but it's not as good as the Aromamizer RDTA. I really think Steam Crave have nailed it. The 3ml Aromamizer has a bigger deck, it's easier to build and set up the wicking, much easier to refill (no screwdriver required) and you can check your deck with juice in the tank. More importantly the Aromamizer has it on both flavour and airflow.
The Goblin Mini is dinky, see pics, on the Smowell it's no bigger than my 18650 Foggatti mech and dripper. I think you'd buy the Goblin Mini for the form factor, but if you want an easy to use, non-leaking RTA for both flavour and airflow, the Aromamizer RDTA smashes it.

Attachments

• Aromamizer and Goblin.jpg
    Aromamizer and Goblin.jpg
    85.4 KB · Views: 92
  • Smowell Goblin and Foggatti.jpg
    Smowell Goblin and Foggatti.jpg
    83 KB · Views: 82
Received 2 Goblin Minis today, cleaned up and first tank being vaped.
Very easy to build (2 x 2.4mm coils, 8 wraps of 0.4 kanthal 0.45ohms), just a little more time to spend on the wicks than I'm used to these days.
Airflow is nice, fully open, and the flavour's pretty good. Flavour might improve if I raise the resistance up to 0.7 or 0.8.

First impressions - I like it but it's not as good as the Aromamizer RDTA. I really think Steam Crave have nailed it. The 3ml Aromamizer has a bigger deck, it's easier to build and set up the wicking, much easier to refill (no screwdriver required) and you can check your deck with juice in the tank. More importantly the Aromamizer has it on both flavour and airflow.
The Goblin Mini is dinky, see pics, on the Smowell it's no bigger than my 18650 Foggatti mech and dripper. I think you'd buy the Goblin Mini for the form factor, but if you want an easy to use, non-leaking RTA for both flavour and airflow, the Aromamizer RDTA smashes it.

Exactly same build I put in mine but I'll be putting new coils in on Thursday, decided this will be my tank set up for vapefest along with 3 drippers one box and a mech.
Think I'll try the mini with some twisted 28 gauge. What do you think

Exactly same build I put in mine but I'll be putting new coils in on Thursday, decided this will be my tank set up for vapefest along with 3 drippers one box and a mech.
Think I'll try the mini with some twisted 28 gauge. What do you think
Great minds think alike! :)
I whipped out the first build after 3 tanks had gone through, put in dual 2.4mm coils, 8 wraps of .25 twisted ... 0.72 ohms with Fiber Freaks type 1 wicks. It was a bit of a squeeze, I had a short on the chimney to sort out. Improved the flavour though, compared to straight kanthal wire and Cotton Bacon.

No leaking so far, just a small amount of condensation on the mod to wipe off when refilling. I left it with a full tank on the mod overnight with airflow open and there was no leaking. The condensation I can live with, undesireable but relatively minor.
Refilling is a total pain, you need to carry around a screwdriver and a syringe - might get away with a fine tip bottle.
The bottom of the tank also has sharp corners, not great fun to disassemble. It's one of those atties that will etch whirl marks on top of your mod.

None of these problems with the Aromamizer.

Great minds think alike! :)
I whipped out the first build after 3 tanks had gone through, put in dual 2.4mm coils, 8 wraps of .25 twisted ... 0.72 ohms with Fiber Freaks type 1 wicks. It was a bit of a squeeze, I had a short on the chimney to sort out. Improved the flavour though, compared to straight kanthal wire and Cotton Bacon.

No leaking so far, just a small amount of condensation on the mod to wipe off when refilling. I left it with a full tank on the mod overnight with airflow open and there was no leaking. The condensation I can live with, undesireable but relatively minor.
Refilling is a total pain, you need to carry around a screwdriver and a syringe - might get away with a fine tip bottle.
The bottom of the tank also has sharp corners, not great fun to disassemble. It's one of those atties that will etch whirl marks on top of your mod.

None of these problems with the Aromamizer.

Prefer twisting 28 gauge though I like to cut it into lengths enough to twist up then cut in half so each piece is right amount to make a coil plus cutting it in half once twisted I know each coil will have the same tightness of twist. A guy at a vape meet give me a top tip when twisting to put a paper clip in the drill chuck then just loop your length round the hook. Works every time and I find it doesn't snap.
Oh and your right great minds do think alike

Attachments

• 1438681992839.jpg
    1438681992839.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 69
Type 1 for RTAs, Type 2 for RDAs :) ... it's the best wick out there IMHO, but so damned expensive compared to a huge bag of Muji.

I don't twist my own wires, I bought 10m reels of .25, .3 and .4
I will have a go at making my own Clapton wire though after using coils from cloudcuckoo
... plan might fail as I saw Mawsley bought a reel of UD Clapton wire recently ... ;)
I'd love to try dual Claptons in the Aeolus

Type 1 for RTAs, Type 2 for RDAs :) ... it's the best wick out there IMHO, but so damned expensive compared to a huge bag of Muji.

I don't twist my own wires, I bought 10m reels of .25, .3 and .4
I will have a go at making my own Clapton wire though after using coils from @cloudcuckoo
... plan might fail as I saw @Mawsley bought a reel of UD Clapton wire recently ... ;)
I'd love to try dual Claptons in the Aeolus

I loathe spending time doing things like winding wire.

Fasttech UD Clapton wire was cheap and delivery swift. Never used it, got it to find out if it makes any difference over the .3 Stealthvape kanthal I use in everything.

*And I'm still trying to convince Rob to produce it by the 25m reel :D

Really wanted to go Vape Fest, pretty much spent my vape budget this month though. Got the Sig 75w, Xtar VC4, 4x Samsung 30Q obviously the Goblin Minis. Zephyrus last week, and Goliath V2 arrived today. Then I've ordered a Sig 150w TC today along with some Sony VTC5's for it.

I'll probably be doing a review of the Goliath V2 next week after I've used it for a little if anyone is interested. Think it'll be good to compare it to the Zephyrus, as they are both new to me.

Really wanted to go Vape Fest, pretty much spent my vape budget this month though. Got the Sig 75w, Xtar VC4, 4x Samsung 30Q obviously the Goblin Minis. Zephyrus last week, and Goliath V2 arrived today. Then I've ordered a Sig 150w TC today along with some Sony VTC5's for it.

I'll probably be doing a review of the Goliath V2 next week after I've used it for a little if anyone is interested. Think it'll be good to compare it to the Zephyrus, as they are both new to me.

I was going to get the Sig 75w on pre order but the read the spec and found it only took 1 18650 which put me right off and reading the reviews on its battery life glad I didn't but tbh it was obvious. Looked at the Goliath when you give me the code and the Zephyrus but I now wish I would of got the Crown tank when it came out coz I guy told me he knew members of the design team and they plan to bring an rba base out but i thought he was full of BS but now they have. I've not read one bad word on the crown tank and im after a decent single coil tank after the big let down with the Shito2 sorry Lemo2. I dont want a duel coil that can do single. coz I've been through that stage owing loads of tanks but only using a few so I've stopped buying for the hell of it, I only do that with drippers lol.
good to hear you got a good charger, same as I use. I did have a Nitecore until I found it was fake so sent it back and got the VC4 from John at ZD-VAPES

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom