What's new

Review Triton SubTank from myvapedeal

MrTeaTime

Legend
So, as well as my purchase from @myvapedeal of the subox starter kit, i picked this up as well

Authentic Aspire Triton Tank - Atomizers

Those of you that know me will know that I am a massive Kanger SubTank fan, and having previously not been a fan of either the Atlantis v1 or v2 but liking some of the features on this i decided to give this a try.

Again, like the subox, this took 7 days from order to arrive so thats another big thumbs up for myvapedeal.

Now onto the triton. It comes in a nice tough plastic box, along with a .40ohm coil (already installed) and a spare 1.8ohm coil (we'll come to that in a minute)

20150729_165607_zpszjxyauwi.jpg

The actual atty features a top fill arrangement that works really well, huge silon airflow at the base (which is adjustable) and airflow control at the top of the tank, just below the driptip which thankfully, can be changed to one of your own.

It holds just over 3.5ml of juice and if i'm being honest really isn't big enough for a tank as thirsty as this one. However, the ease of use of the top filling somewhat negates that, and i can live with the small capacity.

Ive put about 20 tanks of juice through this in just over 5 days as it drinks it. The .40 coil will literally evaporate the juice. Ive been using highVG juice, as well as 60/40 VG/PG juice and ive had no wicking issues, gurgles or dry hits at all. My sweet spot for these coils has been around 42watts, and you will get clouds for days.....the cloud production for this is nothing short of epic.....

However.....the one draw back to this is the flavour. This atty simply does not give flavour as consistent as the subtank, or as good as the delta2. Its not muted, its just a bit flat. The only time i got decent flavour is when i close down to just under halfway on the base airflow, and shut the top airflow off completely. Now, by doing so, you have to wind the wattage down quite significantly. Which means you lose a lot of clouds (if thats your thing)

Also, ive noticed that the ohms on the coil changes with use. When i first put the coil in, it read 0.41ohms, now its bedded in its showing as 0.57ohms.

So, if you want a sub ohm tank that will throw epically huge clouds, then this is the baby for you, if you want clouds and flavour, then a herekles or subtank is for you....

Now, using the 1.8ohm coil was a bit weird. For a start, you are gonna want to change the driptip :) and then you are going to want to wind the airflow right in....and i mean 90% in. Close the top airflow off totally and then set your mod for around 12 watts.....and d'ya know what? it aint half bad :) I really wasn't expecting much from the 1.8ohm head. It wicks the nipplejuice with ease (which is 60/40 vg/pg) and it can handle Grimms donut pounder with no issues at all which is 80% VG.

So a decent addition to the tritons appeal for some will be the ability to use a subohm tank to....er...not subohm :)

great review as always mate. i was tempted but holding off for now as got to save my sheckles for vegas.

So, as well as my purchase from @myvapedeal of the subox starter kit, i picked this up as well

Authentic Aspire Triton Tank - Atomizers

Those of you that know me will know that I am a massive Kanger SubTank fan, and having previously not been a fan of either the Atlantis v1 or v2 but liking some of the features on this i decided to give this a try.

Again, like the subox, this took 7 days from order to arrive so thats another big thumbs up for myvapedeal.

Now onto the triton. It comes in a nice tough plastic box, along with a .40ohm coil (already installed) and a spare 1.8ohm coil (we'll come to that in a minute)

20150729_165607_zpszjxyauwi.jpg

The actual atty features a top fill arrangement that works really well, huge silon airflow at the base (which is adjustable) and airflow control at the top of the tank, just below the driptip which thankfully, can be changed to one of your own.

It holds just over 3.5ml of juice and if i'm being honest really isn't big enough for a tank as thirsty as this one. However, the ease of use of the top filling somewhat negates that, and i can live with the small capacity.

Ive put about 20 tanks of juice through this in just over 5 days as it drinks it. The .40 coil will literally evaporate the juice. Ive been using highVG juice, as well as 60/40 VG/PG juice and ive had no wicking issues, gurgles or dry hits at all. My sweet spot for these coils has been around 42watts, and you will get clouds for days.....the cloud production for this is nothing short of epic.....

However.....the one draw back to this is the flavour. This atty simply does not give flavour as consistent as the subtank, or as good as the delta2. Its not muted, its just a bit flat. The only time i got decent flavour is when i close down to just under halfway on the base airflow, and shut the top airflow off completely. Now, by doing so, you have to wind the wattage down quite significantly. Which means you lose a lot of clouds (if thats your thing)

Also, ive noticed that the ohms on the coil changes with use. When i first put the coil in, it read 0.41ohms, now its bedded in its showing as 0.57ohms.

So, if you want a sub ohm tank that will throw epically huge clouds, then this is the baby for you, if you want clouds and flavour, then a herekles or subtank is for you....

Now, using the 1.8ohm coil was a bit weird. For a start, you are gonna want to change the driptip :) and then you are going to want to wind the airflow right in....and i mean 90% in. Close the top airflow off totally and then set your mod for around 12 watts.....and d'ya know what? it aint half bad :) I really wasn't expecting much from the 1.8ohm head. It wicks the nipplejuice with ease (which is 60/40 vg/pg) and it can handle Grimms donut pounder with no issues at all which is 80% VG.

So a decent addition to the tritons appeal for some will be the ability to use a subohm tank to....er...not subohm :)

I just got this tank yesterday and did not have any low mg nic juice to use the 0.4 coil with so have only used the 1.8 coil so far. After reading this I closed the airflow a lot (top one was already closed) and changed the tip to something that does not resemble one of those chav exhausts you see on a Corsa and its soooo much better.

Will be a couple of days before I try the 0.4 as I ain't losing decent juice.

cheers pal :)

Nice!

The more I read about this tank, the more I want one. For the price with the add on rta deck, I just can't justify at it the moment

Planning on buying this soon, had any problems since you wrote the review?
I've heard some people have problems with leaking.
I'm newish to vaping, and this my first upgrade to a mod and a decent tank. Not interested in sub vaping, yet, only planning on using the 1.8ohm at first.
Thanks

Back
Top Bottom