What's new

To genesis or not to genesis

mcboffin

Achiever
That is the question?

Seriously though. What are the pros and cons from a users perspective? It's not really been on my radar and I'm curious as to the benefits and pitfalls.

Can any of my fellow apes enlighten me?

Flavour first and foremost, I find all my fruit juices taste better and cleaner through mesh.
Wicks are easier to deal with, quick dry burn and a blow to get rid of the crud and its good to go again.
Flavour,
And finally

Flavour.

Cons. Can be a bitched to get used to coiling, I Personaly find it easier to mesh than cotton.
Most genesis tanks can't be laid down, nextgen is the exception.

And that's about it really.

Last edited:
When I had the gennys working for that glorious 5 minutes, the flavour was impressive. Fruits and certain tobaccos - ooh la la!!

But, wicking and coiling is a steep learning curve and patience is essential.

You should at least once or twice try a rope wicked genny!!

Or, mesh wick in a dripper is a lazy gits way of almost doing a genny.... :D

My experience isn't much but here it goes. As mentioned already the flavour is impressive. Clean and crisp.

The con, it is a bitch to set up correctly. A lot of patience is required and just when you think you cracked it, it f's up!

gennies are not for cloud chasing, just for pure flavour.

The not being able to lay it down thing is a potential problem as I'm a right clumsy bugger. Is there any reason why the flavour is better than -say - a small ish dripper?

The SS mesh carries better and doesn't gunk up at the same rate. Add the SS rope to the mix and all you have is carrier not sooking up and carrying juice to the coil. Or some such thing. Jugg1es - help!!!
I think there's something about flow rates as well, but I 'fess to being quite hazy on that.

PM your address and I'll post off some 400 grade mesh to you if you want to try a wee mesh wick or two in a dripper to start off with!

Flavour is great as mentioned

for me though I think if I'm honest it's the tinkering around that I love about genesis
i would never rely on genesis as only vape
i always have a cotton built tank and dropper running alongside as they can f up very easily and undeservedly.
on saying that though the in'ax has never gone tits up and I am still using a build currently that must be 4 weeks old!

love the lookof them too!
My advice though is get a genuine one as people seem to have problems with clones

hope this helps

I recently got a NextGen clone as I wanted to try a Genny. Took nearly two hours to build the first time but second attempt was less than ten minutes. So very steep learning curve.

Very worth it though, lovely vape, the flavour was very clean, kind of more pure sort of thing, I still use my Squape but the NextGen is getting lots of love at the moment. Pretty good clone and about 20quid
. A good investment so far.

If you're teetering on the edge & unsure whether or not to take the plunge, here's my thoughts.

Don't give up your current fave' habits. I run a genesis along side my other dripper, the dripper is easy going & a pivot point, i won't be moving away from that anytime soon. The genesis IS a learning curve & that's whay i run one along side my other vape. I passively chip away at various experimental mesh builds & vape it part time. It's inevitable that eventually i'm gonna find that build that works just right & to me that makes it a worthwhile venture.

In the mean time i run my dripper on mesh too but that's a tame rda with a fixed 1mm air hole. I reached a point where i don't like any other wicking material, a one one way ticket is seems for me with mesh. It's dead easy in the rda.

If you get a genny, buy something that is user friendly on the build deck & get one that is recommended. Mine are the fogatti 22mm & a H-Atty from garage of creation, both similar. The H-Atty had the easiest build deck, the fogatti is more fiddly but still a great atty.

Listen to the other guys ;)

I have had a veritas set up with mesh for a while now, its design lends itself to this IMO. 99% leakproof too, definitely a bonus!

I can only agree with the above comments, fruits seem to taste fresher. I quite like tobacco liquids on mesh too.

Avoiding the subjective stuff, it 100% makes some difference to taste. Whether it is a difference you enjoy, that is for you to find out. Worth a try though :).

Back
Top Bottom