What's new

Things to try with a Genesis?

Don't tell 5miley but one of these days I am going to stick a silica wick in a kraken.
It may not be the best use of a genesis but my thinking is it will be like a dripper without the dripping.

Japanese cotton pad strips work a treat, silica not so much. But shhh, gotta scarper now... ;) Don't tell anyone.

Japanese cotton pad strips work a treat, silica not so much. But shhh, gotta scarper now... ;) Don't tell anyone.

I have a pad of muji in my box but am in no hurry to use it.
I only tried cotton briefly and did not like the taste so for me it is voodoo wool (silica) when it is not steel mesh.
Perhaps one day I will change my mind.

Haven't tried the Voodoo Wool but the silica I did try didn't like the vertical wicking as well as the cotton; which fortunately I can't seem to taste after a couple of puffs.

How do you build with mesh slug? I have a Luxe that I wanted to try something different in. :)

Approx a 1.3ohm coil of .32mm kanth around a 2.5mm tool.

Mesh grade of choice, i find the 300 ok but will happily use 400 or whatever works. Classic u-wick method of cutting the mesh at a 45% angle. Roll it, fit to coil, remove again, curve & fire to hold the shape. Put it back in the coil & pulse out the hot spots...Mine look like this...

slug1.jpg

Try & get it to hit the deck as close as possible to the coil, some minor shaping at the point of torching helps & also tilt the angle of the coil as much as needed, helps it stay down. I think the luxe 22mm lends itslef well to this & i've been using this build all month. When it gets clogged just dry burn & mess with !

Approx a 1.3ohm coil of .32mm kanth around a 2.5mm tool.

Mesh grade of choice, i find the 300 ok but will happily use 400 or whatever works. Classic u-wick method of cutting the mesh at a 45% angle. Roll it, fit to coil, remove again, curve & fire to hold the shape. Put it back in the coil & pulse out the hot spots...Mine look like this...

View attachment 55441

Try & get it to hit the deck as close as possible to the coil, some minor shaping at the point of torching helps & also tilt the angle of the coil as much as needed, helps it stay down. I think the luxe 22mm lends itslef well to this & i've been using this build all month. When it gets clogged just dry burn & mess with !

So you're building a standard microcoil then installing the mesh through it once it's installed? Good to know, I'll give it a go tonight.

Cheers!

So you're building a standard microcoil then installing the mesh through it once it's installed? Good to know, I'll give it a go tonight.

Cheers!

That is correct. Good luck, it isn't a troublesome build, just the usual hot spots to contend with.

That is correct. Good luck, it isn't a troublesome build, just the usual hot spots to contend with.

What size ID are you using for said microcoil? :)

And thanks, I've almost given up on gennies (unless I can get hold of an in'ax) but really want to try mesh properly.

What size ID are you using for said microcoil? :)

And thanks, I've almost given up on gennies (unless I can get hold of an in'ax) but really want to try mesh properly.

This build is a 2.5mm dia' coil but i might go with a 3mm next time. Can't help thinking it might be better again.

On my Kraken Genesis my best build so far is:
Dual 1.7mm microcoil @ 0.8 ohm
0.25mm kanthal
7/8 wraps
500 steel mesh wick rolled as a little tube snug but loose on the coils.
The wicks don't touch the hole walls (2mm) or the bottom of the tank.
It needs a little tilting when the liquid is below 1/3 capacity but works nicely.
It's not very good at higher watts or very long drags giving some dry hits. I'll work on that on the next setup.
Feels like dripper lasts like a clearo.
Hope it helps.

Last edited:
Things to try with a Genesis?

Stand on a riverbank and see if you can throw it to the other side, if you can...Well done, If you cant, well done again...

Geni's, spawn of Satan....

Back
Top Bottom