What's new

Healthy alternative...I don't think so

from what i have seen of this countries government, is bull____, if they cant tax it, its unsafe or illegal,
if they do tests, they lie about the results, like the weed tests, coz the results whern't that bad, they sacked everyone.
im not saying go and smoke weed by the way.
so i surpose we are adding to the global warming thing now, another big scandal.
aaaahhhhhhhhh wheres my vape

Id just like to point out again (while I agree with your general sentiments!)

that this proposed vaping ban is NOT our government .. they have not (as yet) banned anything and if they do will be acting on orders from Europe

the point is .. our anger needs to be directed at the business minded fat cats of europe .. not the UK government (at this point)

what we need to do .. is get the fuck out of the joke that is europe

Your last paragraph sums it up for me Steffijade. I am quite compliant, but I feel so strongly about freedom of choice in this instance that I am prepared to be "naughty" to maintain that freedom! :D

Id just like to point out again (while I agree with your general sentiments!)

that this proposed vaping ban is NOT our government .. they have not (as yet) banned anything and if they do will be acting on orders from Europe

the point is .. our anger needs to be directed at the business minded fat cats of europe .. not the UK government (at this point)

what we need to do .. is get the fuck out of the joke that is europe

I agree with you that Europe has too much power and are extremely petty but when it comes to directing anger at the UK government i disagree somewhat... I reckon any and all opportunities to spit venom at the corrupt feckers should be firmly grasped. ;)

I agree with you that Europe has too much power and are extremely petty but when it comes to directing anger at the UK government i disagree somewhat... I reckon any and all opportunities to spit venom at the corrupt feckers should be firmly grasped. ;)

well there is that ....

i do think we should try asking nicely first .. this is after all a tory government .. they take offence easily :)

Tory.. Lib Dem... Labour... UKIP... Monster Raving Looney... it doesn't really matter which party is in govenrnent at any given time. They all lie through their teeth to get elected and then just do whatever they like once they're actually in office.

Take the Monster Raving Loonies for example... they propose making formal evening wear mandatory in fish and chip shops but if they got into power that'd probably end up watered down to just a collar and tie. :D

I stopped voting some years ago, when it became obvious that there was little or no difference between parties, but may start again, but unfortunately that means I'd be forced to spoil my vote so as to let them know that my vote goes to - none of the above.
I think the EU is very useful in the freedom to work, sell, retire in any EU country, and some EU laws have benifitted the UK, such as rights for women and the disabled, basic human rights becoming law, but it should be governed only by elected representatives, and there's nobody around I'd want to elect anywhere.

Right now I think the most ommediate threat is the MHRA and our government. After all, the UK does disobey the EU if it really wants to, on votes for prisomers for example.

But I don't think we should bring politics into the discussion. It's a subject guaranteed to produce disagreement in the nicest of families, the same as religion.

IMHO something that sprays a vapour of the product it contains is technically, and do correct me if I am wrong, a vaporiser. What I use for vaping is a PV or Personal Vaporiser, or Electronic fag, and OK, it works differently for producing vapour, and we put OUR juice in it, but it doesn't produce a vapour spray.
When you go to the WC and then use a spray, you spray a vapour of nicer smelling product around the WC. Call it a spray if you want, it's shorter, but it does produce a vapour of nicer smelling (hopefully, though some are a bit iffy) product.
Terminology isn't really the problem, for me, at any rate

IMHO something that sprays a vapour of the product it contains is technically, and do correct me if I am wrong, a vaporiser. What I use for vaping is a PV or Personal Vaporiser, or Electronic fag, and OK, it works differently for producing vapour, and we put OUR juice in it, but it doesn't produce a vapour spray.
When you go to the WC and then use a spray, you spray a vapour of nicer smelling product around the WC. Call it a spray if you want, it's shorter, but it does produce a vapour of nicer smelling (hopefully, though some are a bit iffy) product.
Terminology isn't really the problem, for me, at any rate

It doesn't spray vapour, it sprays a mist. You need heat to create a vapour/steam and those inhalers don't have a heating element its just a force of air pressurizing the liquid to spray it out.

It's just basic chemistry is all but there is a very big difference and they should not be confused.

They are doing as they're told

All this shit that MAY, and probably WILL result in, iof not a ban, very strict controls on Vaping is, originally, the idea of the WHO, who, without any consideration of the research already done on vaping, or any research of their own, has told all countries who listen, the UK, EU, Russia(final vote to ban Ecigs 20 Feb), that Electronic Cigarettes must be banned.
They don't seem, from what I've read, to have any real reason, from thje Health point of view, to give this directive; Maybe they consider Ecigs look too much like cigarettes (:P they haven't looked at mine, then, or many others that are Mods, APVs, or wooden boxes), and if this is the only reason they can find to do this, it's pathetic (IMHO). So OK, there are the mini-ecigs, that we all must have used at a moment or other, then progressed onto other devices, looking like anything but a cigarette. Crack pipes, or plumbing fixtures, or boxes, or dildos, whatever you like.
So they come out with a lack of research, which must come (again IMHO) from their lack of searching for research, and, view their importance, of doing any research on a device that is gaining tremendous popoularity, and is of enormous harm reduction value, while also being agreeable.
BUT it does not come from the Big Pharmas, who rule, as well as financing, soooo much research medical. After which they make enormous profits from the results of this good natured research.
The pathetic maximum 7% success of their products for stopping smoking is nothing in comparison to the results obtained by the Vape methods. That must really bug them, after all the money they can gain from peoples failed attempts to give up the ciggy. And as with most things bad for you but difficult to give up, any pleasure in something that helps you stop is not to be allowed. This isn't just the case of cigarettes, but also that of toxicomanes, who must not have any pleasure from the substitutes offered (at least this is the case in France, so I've heard), also a harm reduction program, that also often fails, unfortunately.
I find it hard to believe that the reasons given for banning Electronic cigarettes have anything to do even from a long distance, with the real reason.
So we find the market flooded with abominable cigarette substitute products, all produced by the caring Big Pharmas, an none of which will in the long term, work, for the larger part of the smoking population.
Will Vapers become criminals, risking prosecution for possession of nicotine or Vaping devices, non-authorised by Big Brother, not approved of by the World Health Org., with out sense or reason in their life threatoning decision to order the ban of Ecigs? :banghead:

We don't vape steam ^^

And, KurlMeStoopid, with your evident knowledge, what difference does it make if you get a product, which, from an Ecig is not, just to get things right, steam, which has to have a temperature of over 100°C to be created, and has an activation molecular different, not to mention that it would have an effect of burning your mouth, seeing the construction of an Ecig, unless it was fitted with a cooler (now is there a future in this idea...no, we don't want to vape steam!) but simple vapour produced at low temperature, 60°C + or - 10°C from an Ecig, and contains no HCl, or mist or vapour that comes out under pression, just to impress the effect, and does contain HCl. I'll get back to you on the subject of mist, steam and vapour, if you think it is really worth it. Ecigs do not produce steam, my dear friend, but vapour, and I can't, OMFG, see the difference it makes if it's pressurised mist or vapour or any other liquid in molecuar distress if it contains poison and enters your mouth, has a apparently horrible taste/effect, so please do once more correct me on this, while I go and feed my animals, without any HCl in their diet. :banghead: I see you're Secret Police, but DO you vape, yourself, and is it steam that you vape?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom