Innokin
What's new

Healthy alternative...I don't think so

starlyte

Postman
I am very interested in the fact that certain countries that ban or strongly recommend the abstinence of the use of Ecigs now advise smokers to use a nicorette product, actually a vaporiser, containing the following products, with, of course, addition to nicotine. The list :- :read:

propylene glycol, anhydrous ethanol, trometamol, poloxamer 407, glycerol, sodium hydrogen carbonate, levomenthol, mint flavour, cooling flavour, sucralose, acesulflame potassium, hydrochloric acid, purified water.

For me, already hydrochloric acid is not a safe product, no more than ethanol, or trometamol, which is a pain killer (what the hell for?), and the very dangerous, so they say (OMFG) propylene glycol, in two forms, the other being a changeling (I'm no chemist) of polyethylene glycol, which sounds dodgy too.
As I said, I'm no chemist, but as the most common excuse for advising against the use of Ecigs is the "dangerous" propylene glycol, and they recommend a product for "safe" utilisation, that contains the same product, not to mention all the others, well, I must admit, I'm lost. Can anyone explain the logic, and the care that these advisers have concerning our HEALTH?
If anyone has an explanation, I'd love to read it...:strawberry:

I intend to find out more about this "SAFE" alternative, and will repost on it.

Premier Ecigs
If anyone has an explanation,

dalli.jpg

Last edited:
Vape Green
Id also like to point out in some studies ingestion of PG in large quantities can kill a person, but inhalation of concentrations in vapour form (released into a controlled environment with concentrations well into the 90th percentile) of test animals in several settings and concentrations over weeks and months, caused nothing more than what we all ready know, sore throat, increased thirst, dry mouth ect....

Not gum, not patches, but vaporisers

I'm not talking about gum or patches but a vaporiser, to be sprayed into your mouth, full of all those lovelly "safe" products, that are dangerous if not supplied by one of the Big Pharmas. In Ecigs it's toxic, but in a product Pharmaceutical it's safe. I think it's more the other stuff in these permitted vapourisers, such as hydrochloric acid that are worrying. Would you vape hydrochloric acid in your carto or whatever? :hmmm:

Well, for the HCl I've got nothing else to say, 'cept leave me out of it. There's acid and acid, and their sort isn't good for MY health, I'm sure.

Makes you wonder what's in the other products "acceptable", not to mention the Chantix, etc., which is dealt with admirably at the link mentioned.

:eeek:

E-liquids.com
I'm not talking about gum or patches but a vaporiser, to be sprayed into your mouth, full of all those lovelly "safe" products, that are dangerous if not supplied by one of the Big Pharmas. In Ecigs it's toxic, but in a product Pharmaceutical it's safe. I think it's more the other stuff in these permitted vapourisers, such as hydrochloric acid that are worrying. Would you vape hydrochloric acid in your carto or whatever? :hmmm:

Well, for the HCl I've got nothing else to say, 'cept leave me out of it. There's acid and acid, and their sort isn't good for MY health, I'm sure.

Makes you wonder what's in the other products "acceptable", not to mention the Chantix, etc., which is dealt with admirably at the link mentioned.

:eeek:

It's not a vaporiser though, its a spray, quite different than a vaporiser as there is no heating element in it and does not produce vapour.

View attachment 4419

If all vapers offered to pay the government £20 a week, they will say "Carry on vaping, it is healthier than smoking"

AcmeFog
If all vapers offered to pay the government £20 a week, they will say "Carry on vaping, it is healthier than smoking"
I don't think that would be enough to out-price both pharma and tobacco. If every vaper paid at least £2000 maybe there'd be a small chance.

from what i have seen of this countries government, is bull____, if they cant tax it, its unsafe or illegal,
if they do tests, they lie about the results, like the weed tests, coz the results whern't that bad, they sacked everyone.
im not saying go and smoke weed by the way.
so i surpose we are adding to the global warming thing now, another big scandal.
aaaahhhhhhhhh wheres my vape

Smoore
Given that the ester of certain e-liquids and flavourings is high enough to literally melt certain types of plastic, there are obviously a few ingredients out there that might not be that desireable... which is a real shame in some cases ( e.g. I love the taste of VR Mystic Cherry but I'm not so keen on the fact it melted the window on my UFS).

A lot of folk turn to vaping as a safer alternative and for the first few months, safety and health concerns can be at the fore in one's mind (I know they were with me... I worried about what was in e-liquid and was desperate to try and wean myself down to zero nic). After a while though, concerns about safety dwindled away and were replaced by shinyitis and just sheer enjoyment of vaping... that's the thing about vaping... it's just so much more enjoyable than smoking, regardless of health benefits.

I do think that the likes of Nicorette have a cheek when they present products such as the 'quickmist' but want to see e-cigs controlled due to 'health concerns'. I just wish big pharma would be honest and admit that they just can't stand to see all that potential profit slipping through their fingers... which is why they've probably been getting very cosy with the MHRA, so they can collude and produce their own medically licensed version of e-cigs.

I think anyone who knows me will realise that I'm extremely cynical when it comes to governments, politicians, corporations etc but I still think I'm right that the future of vaping in the UK is already a done deal between the government and big pharma. I've said it before and I'll say it again.... stock up and feck em.... if they force us to become criminals to get our supplies the so be it.

Back
Top Bottom