What's new

HELP!!!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 173
yellow wire needs to be connected to centre pin the board should just push back in it's loose because it looks like it is sprung for the negative connection to the top cap shouldn't be a big job
is that a Vamo the wire looks really thin connecting no wonder its low Amp limit

Last edited:
Without seeing the mod in its full glory, I cannot see how this can be soldered on! Can you take a photo of the cap at a 90 degree angle, so we can see it from the side. The reason why I say this, is the spring on the top of the LED board will press against the cap, and will put the solder joint under resistance. Also I am stabbing at stars here, but the wire looks like it is an earth wire, that just has to be connected/soldered to the cap.

The solution, dependant on the side of the cap, might be to drill 2 small holes and put 2 small grub/tapping screws through the body and cap.

yellow wire needs to be connected to centre pin the board should just push back in it's loose because it looks like it is sprung for the negative connection to the top cap shouldn't be a big job
is that a Vamo the wire looks really thin connecting no wonder its low Amp limit

No it's not a vamo, just a copy lavatube called vv350 . It can be fixed then? That's good news :-)

Without seeing the mod in its full glory, I cannot see how this can be soldered on! Can you take a photo of the cap at a 90 degree angle, so we can see it from the side. The reason why I say this, is the spring on the top of the LED board will press against the cap, and will put the solder joint under resistance. Also I am stabbing at stars here, but the wire looks like it is an earth wire, that just has to be connected/soldered to the cap.

The solution, dependant on the side of the cap, might be to drill 2 small holes and put 2 small grub/tapping screws through the body and cap.

Ill try and get a good photo for you now.

try and get the wire changed as well to something a bit better

Personally, I'd try giving Garry Dibley a shout and see if he fancys having a go. He's a whiz with a soldering iron and got a lot of experience with this sort of thing.

try and get the wire changed as well to something a bit better

Lol....yeah sounds like a good idea. As long as I don't break my vamo as well, should be ok until I can find someone to fix it.

Personally, I'd try giving Garry Dibley a shout and see if he fancys having a go. He's a whiz with a soldering iron and got a lot of experience with this sort of thing.

Thank you. I'll see if I can find him on here .

Back
Top Bottom