What's new

The 3d printing thread

peps1

Postman
Thought it could be a good idea to have a dedicated 3D printing thread for Mod makers to post models, requests, resources, and just chat about the application of 3D printers in MOD making.

Here are the two projects I plan on printing this week:

Tripple 18650 Battery Sled - Hammond 1590b
tripple_18650_-_ho-train_modz_preview_featured.jpg

2 x 26650 Battery Sled for Hammond 1590b
2_x_26650_preview_featured.jpg

Think I have a few printing files here. They're ones with cut-out corners iirc..

So.......it begins!

IMG_20150624_224038_zpsjxv2qcak.jpg

Give me some time to upgrade the machine for printing ABS (you want this plastic in your mod, not the easy to print PLA plastic, as PLA dose not get on well with heat, unlike ABS) get to grips with the setting, then I should be able to help Apes out with any projects that need custom printed parts.

First test print, fair bit of calibration to do, but seems to be doing the job!

IMG_20150627_184030_zpsffg8khf2.jpg

IMG_20150627_184522_zpsngvdnkpy.jpg

IMG_20150627_184745_zpsv7l4jnff.jpg

Nice,
Your own printer?
Imma look for a design for my first build. :thumbup:

Yep, my very own printer :D

Its taking quite a while to get everything working right, and still waiting on some parts to upgrade it.

But its turning out good prints considering all the calibration I have not got round to doing yet.

Also, have to 3D model some better batter battery sledges, that one sits a little to low in the box, so there is battery rattle, should be a easy fix.

Lookin' good. a lot more sturdy than what I have here, needs to have the corners cut around the posts so it sits lower ;)

Yep, my very own printer :D

Its taking quite a while to get everything working right, and still waiting on some parts to upgrade it.

But its turning out good prints considering all the calibration I have not got round to doing yet.

Also, have to 3D model some better batter battery sledges, that one sits a little to low in the box, so there is battery rattle, should be a easy fix.

Are you going to be taking orders for any of your prints? I've got a small enclosure that needs a double 18650 with a gap in the middle for mounting components.

Are you going to be taking orders for any of your prints? I've got a small enclosure that needs a double 18650 with a gap in the middle for mounting components.

Not going to be taking orders per sa, but I'm more then happy to help some fellow forum members with projects.

If you can let me know the enclosure type, or internal diameter, and how much space you need in the middle, I can 3D model it in CAD, send you some renders to confirm Its what you need, or any changes, and then print it for the cost of shipping alone (as its all good practice for me!).

A back of a napkin sketch would really help!

Its really hard/expensive to get 3D Printed MOD parts here in the UK, so just want to give a little something back to fellow forum members, rather then do it as a business and it stop being fun! :D

I am in a bit of a dilemma now. Because the enclosure I've chosen is so small - I don't think that a battery sled, no matter how tight will even squeeze in! But it's reassuring to know that the option is there. I am sure that other members here have bigger and better things for your newly acquired equipment ;)

Back
Top Bottom