What's new

Things to try with a Genesis?

What sort of life do you get out of that?
What I like about my simple mesh wick (now working good, since my last post) is that with a dry burn between tanks it can last months.

Not sure.
I bought a Genny just to try out a mesh wick.
Oxidised it then wrapped around 3mm silica.
Used only for a tank full or two, like I said, was just a tryout.

Don't tell 5miley but one of these days I am going to stick a silica wick in a kraken.
It may not be the best use of a genesis but my thinking is it will be like a dripper without the dripping.

Don't tell 5miley but one of these days I am going to stick a silica wick in a kraken.
It may not be the best use of a genesis but my thinking is it will be like a dripper without the dripping.

Heathen.....

I know what you mean about the life of a mesh wick, I've had the same wick in the pulse for months and its on its second or third coil I think purely down to deep cleaning purposes.

I've seen cotton in a Kraken, the guy was getting some quite good clouds out of it.

On a separate but not unrelated note, I've been thinking about getting another genny, dual coil. Does anyone have experience of the Aga TD? I used to love my Aga T and T2 until I killed them and don't want to spend a fortune on something that will most likely only get used when I fancy a change.

@oldhippydude I agree to a certain extent. I've never had a huge problem with shorts and hotspots, but whenever I do it's normally unexplainable! Dripper is on the list I think..
@vaporsizer never thought of doing a microcoil on a genny if that's what you're saying? Might be the next thing to try..
@EmbraSewerRat I definitely want to try rope. Thanks I'll check out the mephisto, something cheap is a good way for me to go right now, never liked the idea of drippers though so also looking at subtank mini, not sold on it though.
@Rob no way, mesh builds are enough of a pain in the arse sometimes! Will try twisted next. Currently I'm running the mesh in mesh build at 1.3ohm. It's nice, lovely clean flavour but still not able to put the power up, think it will do me for now though although I think I need some better mesh, it's the only thing I can think is stopping me going above 14w.
@bellyman what kind of wick?

Couple of places on ebay will sell you a foot of SS rope at reasonable cost.
Subtanks are ok as far as they go but I'm getting far better flavour from the Lemo and Goblin.

Mephisto is the Land Rover of drippers - again my opinion - for a starter you get big post holes for thicker wire, flavour and clouding and either single or dual coil option. Solid, reliable, forgiving and unlike my last Landie it won't smell of wet dog and deid sheep. Unless you have the wrong juice.

I think to have 1 good dripper on the side is a good idea. I have 2 gennys here as well, both built bu only 1 in use at a time, then i have the dripper. Only thing i've found is that the dripper is so good that the gennys take second place.

My current go to rda - luxe mods 22mm rda, single coil @1.3ohm, 300 grade mesh slug. It's just so convenient.

With regards to different builds, whatever floats your boat, experimenting is what it's all about. I stick with either a straight up 4 wrap of .28mm & mesh or a micro coil & mesh & really that's one of the reasons i use these attys, i don't have to improve on what works.;)

How do you build with mesh slug? I have a Luxe that I wanted to try something different in. :)

Well thanks all..

As I said, not really sold on the subtank. I have the NextGen which vapes great and am used to building on it.. Subtank would feel more like a replacement.. EmbraSewerRat going back to your point about only having one tank on the go.. Yeah, probably does seem a bit strange to some but I find what I like and tend to get comfortable, trying my best not to get caught up in the 'buy everything' mentality although it's hard to resist sometimes lol.

Silica wick in a genesis isn't a bad idea, seems like a bunch of people have already done it with the RSST.. Added to the build list!

Silica wick in a genesis isn't a bad idea, seems like a bunch of people have already done it with the RSST.. Added to the build list!

Plenty of people have done it on the kraken too.
They call it auto dripper mode on youtube.
I think it is probably too easy to be considered a proper genesis build for some people.

edit- you know who you are.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom