What's new

Things to try with a Genesis?

technoman

Postman
So I only own 2 attys, a RSST and a NextGen. The NextGen is my newest atty and I haven't used the RSST in a while so currently it's clean and disassembled.

Whenever I build my NextGen I have nothing to chuff on if it takes longer than planned or something stops me half way, so I should at least build the RSST up for that but figured I could have some fun with it.

So what would you guys recommend? Looking for something fun and different. SS rope? Twisted wire? So far I've only ever built standard coils on both.. So looking for some inspiration.

Or, should I look at a cheap rda for those moments?

So I only own 2 attys, a RSST and a NextGen. The NextGen is my newest atty and I haven't used the RSST in a while so currently it's clean and disassembled.

Whenever I build my NextGen I have nothing to chuff on if it takes longer than planned or something stops me half way, so I should at least build the RSST up for that but figured I could have some fun with it.

So what would you guys recommend? Looking for something fun and different. SS rope? Twisted wire? So far I've only ever built standard coils on both.. So looking for some inspiration.

Or, should I look at a cheap rda for those moments?

I would get a dripper for when the genesis are playing silly buggers.
I can not be without a vape for too long and I am convinced that building genesis tanks is all voodoo rather than science.
Just rebuilt a kraken yesterday and though it looked like I had got rid of the hot spots I can still not take a long draw without burning, it is slowly getting better.I will tinker about with it in a rather random way till I get a good vape.
I would be going up the wall if it was all I had.
Of course buying a dripper does not mean you should not experiment with you second tank, so good luck with that.
I am going to keep it simple, that is complicated enough for me.

I think to have 1 good dripper on the side is a good idea. I have 2 gennys here as well, both built bu only 1 in use at a time, then i have the dripper. Only thing i've found is that the dripper is so good that the gennys take second place.

My current go to rda - luxe mods 22mm rda, single coil @1.3ohm, 300 grade mesh slug. It's just so convenient.

With regards to different builds, whatever floats your boat, experimenting is what it's all about. I stick with either a straight up 4 wrap of .28mm & mesh or a micro coil & mesh & really that's one of the reasons i use these attys, i don't have to improve on what works.;)

A SS rope build on the RSST should keep you occupied and is a whole new taste sensation.

For a simple cheap thrills dripper look into a Mephisto - I think Elegant Vapour still have some in stock for about £13. Stick a single coil in it and off you pop.
A Lemo Drop tank as back up is also fun. Very forgiving build wise as well. And for when you are out and about it is very handy.

But, how the f-k can you only have one atty on the go? I am impressed and surprised....

For what it is worth, I wouldn't even begin to consider a Rope build in a NextGen ! Certainly Twisted works well with them, but I would think you'd be asking for all sorts of issues with Rope.
Get a decent Mesh build in there and you'll wonder why you even considered anything else.;)

oldhippydude I agree to a certain extent. I've never had a huge problem with shorts and hotspots, but whenever I do it's normally unexplainable! Dripper is on the list I think..
vaporsizer never thought of doing a microcoil on a genny if that's what you're saying? Might be the next thing to try..
EmbraSewerRat I definitely want to try rope. Thanks I'll check out the mephisto, something cheap is a good way for me to go right now, never liked the idea of drippers though so also looking at subtank mini, not sold on it though.
Rob no way, mesh builds are enough of a pain in the arse sometimes! Will try twisted next. Currently I'm running the mesh in mesh build at 1.3ohm. It's nice, lovely clean flavour but still not able to put the power up, think it will do me for now though although I think I need some better mesh, it's the only thing I can think is stopping me going above 14w.
bellyman what kind of wick?

@vaporsizer never thought of doing a microcoil on a genny if that's what you're saying? Might be the next thing to try..

The way i'm doing it now is building a 1.3ohm micro coil, 0.32mm kanth, slip the mesh wick in & then just pulsing out the coil area only, no pre-oxidizing. Works with my fogatti t22 & the H-atty, no reason it won't work with other gennys.

Edit - It doesn't really make too much difference doing the same with a standard coil.

Back
Top Bottom