What's new

Zero clone 510 upgrade?

AceMelon

Achiever
I'm looking at upgrading the 510 on my Zero clone.
Currently it's a thread in the C surround with a reverse threaded contact pin set in the fibreglass (resin?) underneath.
image.jpg
It's ok, but the thread is a little loose so some of my atomisers are a bit wobbly until fully tightened down, and that makes me nervous for the longevity of the thread itself.
I'm thinking something like in the sigelei I have would be nice. I would rather the connection remains flush to the mod as it currently is.
Anyone done this? Recommendations for hardware etc?
Many thanks.
Al

Thanks for that!
It's a bit more work than I would like to do to mine.
I literally want to sink a sprung 510 into it.

Thanks for that!
It's a bit more work than I would like to do to mine.
I literally want to sink a sprung 510 into it.

Erm... Best bet would be trying the varitube mentioned in that link as the threadings the same. Try plonking one of them onto it

Sent from my iPhone using Planet of the Vapes

That link is for the hotcig version though. That comes with a larger thread for the sprung 510 it comes with. Varitube does indeed screw straight into that one. No idea why you would want to though, as the standard one is nice enough.

For the zero the op has, the hole is just 510 size for the atty to connect directly, right?

I think you may struggle to sink any connector to fit flush due to that hole for the allen bolt to mount it onto the wood section.

One of stealthvapes new 510s could look nice just mounted on top though, as it has a low profile top section it wouldn't be too noticeable.

If you tap a hole, i guess you could just screw it on after tightening the c frame to the wood.

Doesn't seem to be any easy option though really. Even if you re position the allen bolt, finding somewhere to relocate it to that will hold everything securely might be difficult.

Hope that helps a bit?!

Last edited:
Been sat here for about 5 mins trying to work out how to do it. Tbh, it's hard to say just from that pic. I'd need to take a look at it face to face and see how the connections are. I mean, it may be possible with a bit of fettling to fit something like this in.

Been sat here for about 5 mins trying to work out how to do it. Tbh, it's hard to say just from that pic. I'd need to take a look at it face to face and see how the connections are. I mean, it may be possible with a bit of fettling to fit something like this in.
That's more like what I had in mind
The underside of the resin block is where the +ve connection for the battery is, but that appears to be a domed copper plate, so there is a bit of space to sink into. I'm guessing I'll have to cut a channel in the resin, or sink the 510 as a press fit after the mod is practically reassembled,

A nice FDV smooth or OCD 510 would look nice;) not sure how much depth you have in the Tuflon body looks doable but tricky with the top hex bolt and press fit/glue.

Read a few posts on different forums but never seen it done! that's a C frame for you and the Hotcig method is ingenious all the others don't use a self adjuster.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom