What's new

NextGen Clone Issues

Sorry for saying that , but as I read I believe that You have a clone matter..
Unfortunately this is one of the common clone's problemes..

anyone know how to get the positive post out, raised a ticket with ft but would like to get it running ASAP rather than wait for a spare base

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1433591760351.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1433591760351.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 62
anyone know how to get the positive post out, raised a ticket with ft but would like to get it running ASAP rather than wait for a spare base

The positive post is screwed into the insulator and the insulator is just push fit in to the 510 like a screw wall plug as far as I know. I've got the feeling if you push it out you risk the pole spinning on you when you put it back making it a pain to build.

If I was going to take a guess I'd say there could be a bit of swarf from or around the juice flow holes at the bottom of the shaft. Might just be wedged between the positive pole and the body causing a hard short. I don't know if you can see down there with a torch/phone light. Maybe get a needle or something and have a feel around where the juice holes are,see if you see/feel/dislodge anything down there. I can't imagine given the way there put together there's any where else a short could occur that isn't immediately obvious.

Sent from my iPhone using Planet of the Vapes

Last edited:
ImageUploadedByPlanet of the Vapes1433610783.249160.jpg

That's the original, the pin is the same apparently and in the background there you can see the peek insulator which is threaded on the genuine but push fit on the clone.

Last edited:
Well, removed the post and knackered the insulator, anyone got an idea what I can use to replace the insulator

Well, removed the post and knackered the insulator, anyone got an idea what I can use to replace the insulator

Oh bugger, think that's all she wrote with that one. The only things I can think off aren't cost effective compared to what a new one would set you back and then there is the hassle of doing it. Unless you happen to have a length of extruded peek lying around and a lathe.

Can you take a picture of it? Might be able to think of something if I see it.

Back
Top Bottom