What's new

NextGen Clone Issues

It's the insulator that's not fitting properly and spinning, so even wrapping the Kanthal is a pain.

It's a real pity, as it seems pretty easy to set up.

perhaps a temporary fix could be packing out the diameter of the insulator then.

i had instant success following this guy's build tutorial

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u1zqSOPmOzo

i used 400 mesh for all of the wick, and have had great results using 60vg at up to around 15w. pulse the coil to start with at low wattage until the hotspots are gone, i have burned out kanthal quite a few times when forgetting to drop the wattage for pulsing. it just burns out like fuse wire!

I've not seen my Pal's one, but from what he's described the 510 pin is pretty shoddy and spins freely/rocks, plus the positive screw is poor too.

He's still not fixed it, but I'd imagine his main issue it to do with the insulator.

Sorry I can't be of any more help!

I've not seen my Pal's one, but from what he's described the 510 pin is pretty shoddy and spins freely/rocks, plus the positive screw is poor too.

He's still not fixed it, but I'd imagine his main issue it to do with the insulator.

Sorry I can't be of any more help!

Same as mine then, cheers for the info mate, at least it's not me being a moron, as per normal, by the looks of it.

Holy sh1t, was that an FT special?

I await Fopster's comments then, cheers.

I've overspent in the last month, so a genuine version is out of the question.

I've opened a ticket with FT anyway, so I'll see what they say.

Hi Mate,

How've you got on with your ticket with Fasttech? Are they sending a replacement?

Hi Mate,

How've you got on with your ticket with Fasttech? Are they sending a replacement?

They've said they'll be sending out a replacement base, although it looks like they're going to send a new NextGen, according to my order page, so I hope to have it in a few weeks.

Cheers mate.

They've said they'll be sending out a replacement base, although it looks like they're going to send a new NextGen, according to my order page, so I hope to have it in a few weeks.

Cheers mate.

you might be lucky to get an entire new one, but when i had a problem with a top cap for a mod, they added what looked like an entire replacement to my orders, but it was just the top cap they sent out.

Cheers mate.

Nice one, fingers crossed it does the trick [emoji106]

As long as I can actually get the thing working, I'm not too bothered actually. I suppose I've been pretty lucky with FT, as this is the only real problem that I've had with their gear.

I got one from FT the other day. Fortunately the insulator/pos pin is fine on mine, rock solid in fact. You must have just got a duff one. Hopefully the one they send you will be tip top. I'm quite impressed with mine tbh. Couple of failed mesh wick attempts, but i seem to have got a decent working setup in it at the minute. Works well.

Sent from my iPhone using Planet of the Vapes

Back
Top Bottom