What's new

NextGen Clone Issues

Big Kev

Achiever
I've never used a Gennie before, but due to the reviews, I got hold of the FT clone, which has some great feedback.

I just cannot get this to work, I oxidize the mesh thoroughly, put it in properly, insert the coil through the nut, tighten it down and wrap the 0.32 Kanthal four times, then attach it to the negative screw.

I then get a reading from 0.05 to 0.4 with various attempts, which can't be right and when I pulse it up, I get a small flicker of light from the underside of the screw/top of the mesh and a little burning, then nothing.

The peek insulator around the 510 is only press fitted, so the post comes out very easily and spins when I wrap the wire, it's rather difficult as the post spins. I presume this is the reason for my troubles, but wondered if any of you experts have a solution?

It might be a clone thing. I had a couple of the sat22 clones & had similar issues until i just binned them both. Bad quality insulators, centre pin that moved up & down, orings that fail & then the mystery 'not firing' even though all was connected. Something's amiss there. They just aint made of the same stuff as the originals.

Well I got a clone with no airholes!! Lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Planet of the Vapes

Big Kev

My mate Fopster was talking to me about one of these recently, he was working on one that a mate of his had bought from FT and he was having all manner of jumping ohm readings and whatnot.
Let's see if he has anything to offer in the way of advice.;)

Well I got a clone with no airholes!! Lol.

Holy sh1t, was that an FT special?

I await Fopster's comments then, cheers.

I've overspent in the last month, so a genuine version is out of the question.

I've opened a ticket with FT anyway, so I'll see what they say.

No buddy it's from Gearbest but they're sending me a new one. Dealt with issue really quickly.

With regards to the post spinning, they do a full spares pack that includes a new positive pin/post, insulator etc. I don't know if it will fit mind you, there supposed to be 1:1 clones but I wouldn't bet my house on it.

Full repair kit for NextGen

Last edited:
With regards to the post spinning, they do a full spares pack that includes a new positive pin/post, insulator etc. I don't know if it will fit mind you, there supposed to be 1:1 but who knows?

Full repair kit for NextGen

That's far more than I paid for the thing mate and knowing my luck, it wouldn't fit anyway, but cheers for the link.

from what i have seen of the FT version, the post threads into the insulator and then the insulator is just a push fit into the 510. mine has been solid but I'm not keen on taking it apart incase it becomes loose. is the post spinning in the insulator, or is the insulator spinning in the 510? perhaps you can wrap some ptfe tape or something round the outside of the insulator to stop it spinning? i have seen that others have used ptfe tape to stop leaks through the 510 using this method, I'm guessing their insulators are slightly sloppy fitting too.

from what i have seen of the FT version, the post threads into the insulator and then the insulator is just a push fit into the 510. mine has been solid but I'm not keen on taking it apart incase it becomes loose. is the post spinning in the insulator, or is the insulator spinning in the 510? perhaps you can wrap some ptfe tape or something round the outside of the insulator to stop it spinning? i have seen that others have used ptfe tape to stop leaks through the 510 using this method, I'm guessing their insulators are slightly sloppy fitting too.

It's the insulator that's not fitting properly and spinning, so even wrapping the Kanthal is a pain.

It's a real pity, as it seems pretty easy to set up.

Back
Top Bottom