What's new

Porous Ceraminc Wicks for your Genesis Atomisers

you wanna put antiques in your aga?

They still make them - but they won't be porous enough - clay or porcelain and the centre hole too big.

But it will melt coz the wire is gonna be wrapped around it too insulate it from the mesh

Your mesh should be oxidised well, I meant having the film between the mesh and top of tank, below the coils.

As I was at the pet shop today I had a look at the porous bubble stones. Got home and got the hacksaw and dremmel out and thought i'd have a go at making a wick. 2 hacksaw blades later and I had something near so attacked it with the dremmel to shape it up. uploadfromtaptalk1359203460832.jpg

So I thought I'll give it a burn to see if there was any resin in there. After getting red hot and removing the flame it was still burning and stunk the house out (wife wasn't here) so I'm guessing it's a no no. Bugger!

Hopefully stealthvape has something in the pipeline :) uploadfromtaptalk1359203819817.jpg

Gutted mate but a good job you torched it first. Ceramic wicks are on hold at the moment until I have the funds to throw at it as it's not cheap to even get a few samples due to there being a substantial fee to make the mold.

Also after the samples the minimum order quantity is 2 or 3 thousand wicks I forget which :/

Now that is a lot of wicks. Yeah i'm guessing if they have to make a mold it's not gonna be cheap. Is that from the ceramics place in sheffield? Don't know what is the smallest ceramic rod you can get. Just had a look on there website and found this http://www.tech-ceramics.co.uk/OPCP.htm, Miniaturised porous ceramic tubes.

Back
Top Bottom