What's new

Meshing with mesh.

vaporsizer

Veteran
I've been periodically playing around with some 400 grade mesh for months, started some time last year & tried it in a few different atties, just to get a grip on the whole story. I've had varying degrees of success & it always seemed to get the better of me.
People talk about mesh wick with such affection so i wasn't going to just give up but it has still taken this long. Now i have it in 2 rda's inside a micro coil & yup, i might have finally sussed it. Simple enough but when you're fumbling around without any direct help it can still present a problem. Maybe all the trial & error downtime is the learning curve i needed, the benefit of knowing what doesn't work before getting it right. A cotton cloud as a liquid retainer & a mesh straw in the micro coil makes a flavoursome vape, it's like bike riding without stabilisers.

Ready for the leap into genesis now ! :14:

Are you glad you persevered? It really is worth the initial faff for flavour, once done general upkeep is so easy and lasts for weeks /months. [emoji106]

Persistence can pay off! Nice one.

Go post a few pix of what you've got with the mesh. Re-inspire me to get back to it.

Oh, you want a deal on an RSST and Kraken???

Yes, of course. All good things take time i guess. I wouldn't declare to be a tutor but it's doing it for me right now. Liquids taste different without a doubt. Stage 1 mission accompolished. Celebrate now.

P1010534.jpg

@EmbraSewerRat

Cyclone is just straight horizontal, not touching the deck but the cotton is in contact with one end.
Anima, yes the mesh goes to the deck but i could leave it short & tuck the cotton under it's base. It the same build really but vertical instead.
It works a treat & i just have to be mindful of not letting it dry. Seems totally worth it for the cleaness.

@EmbraSewerRat

Cyclone is just straight horizontal, not touching the deck but the cotton is in contact with one end.
Anima, yes the mesh goes to the deck but i could leave it short & tuck the cotton under it's base. It the same build really but vertical instead.
It works a treat & i just have to be mindful of not letting it dry. Seems totally worth it for the cleaness.

Aye, mesh dry hits! Boak, I'd rather drink tennants or cheap bourbon :D

The mesh wick in my Mephisto was folded a bit under the coil so in contact with the deck, seemed to work better for me.

Cheers for the tips and pix, might get finger out and have another bash now.

Aye, mesh dry hits! Boak, I'd rather drink tennants or cheap bourbon :D

The mesh wick in my Mephisto was folded a bit under the coil so in contact with the deck, seemed to work better for me.

Cheers for the tips and pix, might get finger out and have another bash now.

So is that straight up mesh then & a bare deck ? Forgot to mention too, i oxidized the mesh after putting it in the coil, not a hot spot in sight.

Last edited:
So is that straight up mesh then & a bare deck ?

Aye. Went full bareback and it was damned good.

That and I couldna be bothered with faffing about with cotton by the time I'd bedded in the coil to the mesh.
Drank thro' the juice tho'.....

Back
Top Bottom