What's new

First Genesis

m4c

Postman
Posted in another forum about how I lost the insulator at the bottom of the center post , and I asked if I could use the rubber grommet from the bottom of the Kanger OCC coils...

Didn't get any replies but if youre interested it still works so I guess you can

My question is ....I still get a burnt taste mostly when vaping. I was getting this last night and I assumed that it was because I had used too much mesh.

After watching how Todd (from Todds reviews ) built his it looked like that was the reason and I subsequently decided to build it the same way as Todd

It was whilst cleaning the tank to do this that I lost the insulator. As I have said the replacement I have put in works and the device fires no problem .

But no matter what voltage/wattage I use I get intermittent burnt hits and sometimes the top of the wick catches fire (please note it was doing this before I lost the original insulator)

The only thing I haven't done is torch the wick opting to use the pulse method instead as I don't have a torch

Thoughts guys ?

Gennys have to be tilted intermittently for the mesh to wick correctly, is it burning with the cap on or off? If it's happening with the top off this is normal. I use the gas stove to burn my mesh, one tip I was given here is to use a rizla paper between the mesh and coil which will aid in the carbonisation of the mesh. I've recently got myself a windproof lighter from the £ shop, the ones with the blowtorch effect.

Its more like a tiny flame and it only happens with the top off

I am using snakeoil which is a bit throat catching anyway so will try another smoother juice

I did use a lighter but I shall get one from the pound shop like you suggested

Thank you for your replies guys (the flame being there with the cap off being normal is encouraging :) )

Thanks again guys

Back
Top Bottom