What's new

Review My first Mechanical Mod – Darwin Mist Mods Viggo Clone Logo Less SS

pw

Postman
Mech mods look great, so I caught shinyitus one night and decided I needed one ;)

I hunted around to find a mechanical mod to begin my new vaping journey. They were all very expensive which put me off so I began looking at clones. I really didn't like the idea of clones "morally" (for my first go at least) so when I found this site Mechanical mods |Rebuildeable Atomizers | mod clones I couldn't believe my luck! I bought a logo less Viggo clone straight away! A quick you tube search helped too, as some very popular reviewers have reviewed this very mod, from this very store!

Having been in my hand for almost a day now I can say this thing is fabulous!
This is all after some heavy reading into mods and how to work them safely of course.

Adjusting the mod to take my Tobaco Tuboat V2 and my Subtank mini was a breeze. A really great mod to try out for beginners this one as it’s my first one and I got it working very quickly!

Pros
Now I don’t really know what people mean when they say “this mod hits hard!” I’m new to all this and probably couldn’t tell if one mod hit harder than another but, holy hell this thing just bangs out power! Really nice to use and vaping on this is a dream! I was blown away by how solid the whole experience of using a mechanical mod was like! And no logo…I know it doesn’t change much but it’s nice for me to have something very small that doesn’t stand out too much ☺
The button throw is good and the switch took some working out but seriously, if I can do it anyone can. It’s also got a lovely locking feature that works and is OK to use. There is a floating pin at the top section with good solid threads for your atty. This makes fitting different heads easy as only a small adjustment to the delrin ring and switch pin at the bottom make this seem really easy to put together, to me at least. Oh and it comes in a little velvet pouch, nice. ☺

Cons
It did need a clean (which is fine) some edges are sharpish and unfortunately, I received one with a tiny little dink in the side and rim of the largest tube. A picture shows one of the dinks and I can show others if people are interested.
They are very small, noticeable, but very small. This sounds bad but for the price I paid (£15 + £15 shipping) and the fact it's been shipped around the world and also it has no logo so I’m not obviously using a carbon copy means I'm kind of OK with that. I do not want to send it back to Australia from the UK, very time consuming, probably not even worth it as if I got a perfect one and dropped it once it could end up looking the same.

I do not think that the packaging was at fault from Darwin Mist Mods at all. I think the dink happened at the factory and not with this seller. Please don't be put off by this as it's a great little thing and I tracked my order around the world too! And Darwin kept me up to date with emails so great service! Despite the tiny issue I have with the dinks (only very tiny dinks) I would not hesitate to buy from this site again and recommend it to others.

Subjective offerings from a sick man who is new to Mecanical Mods in general.

Attachments

• P1090974 (1).jpg
    P1090974 (1).jpg
    83.5 KB · Views: 204
  • P1090982.jpg
    P1090982.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 193
Great that your happy with your mod. If your looking for other logoless mods our very own M Vapes do some great ones right here in the UK.

Great that your happy with your mod. If your looking for other logoless mods our very own M Vapes do some great ones right here in the UK.

Nice one TruckinVaper I didn't know that, that's what I love about this forum!

I'll defo check that out as I dont think I like the logo ones :)

This forum gets better everyday!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom