What's new

Strawberry Custard

walks

Achiever
I've been playing around trying to create a nice strawberry flavoured custard. Added a bit of caramel to sweeten slightly.

This is by no means a finished article yet and I haven't put any nicotine in either at the moment as I'm just trying to get the flavour right. The custard flavour is a triple strength concentrate so took me a few goes to realise I didn't need to put as much in, good job I was only making 1ml samples to start!

All flavours have come from the UK Flavours website.

Strawberry 20%
Vanilla Custard Triple Strength 2%
Caramel 2%

So far this has tasted quite nice in a dripper at 0.5ohms but the flavour seems a little muted in my Nautilus mini.

If anyone has any thoughts as to what else I could add to improve it, feel free to share them here.

I've been playing around trying to create a nice strawberry flavoured custard. Added a bit of caramel to sweeten slightly.

This is by no means a finished article yet and I haven't put any nicotine in either at the moment as I'm just trying to get the flavour right. The custard flavour is a triple strength concentrate so took me a few goes to realise I didn't need to put as much in, good job I was only making 1ml samples to start!

Strawberry 20%
Caramel 2%

So far this has tasted quite nice in a dripper at 0.5ohms but the flavour seems a little muted in my Nautilus mini.

If anyone has any thoughts as to what else I could add to improve it, feel free to share them here.

I would try adding some vanillin. UK Flavours has 30ml for £3.99. If you find the strawberry muted try their triple strength strawberry or Capella Sweet strawberry

It might be worth trying it with nic added as I find that zero nic juice doesn't carry flavours as well.

Im currently using:-

10 capella VC ver 1
10 capella sweet strawberry
5 vanilla swirl
5 dragonfruit

I agree with the nic comment above, I mix some at 6% and some at 3% for the subtank and the lower nic is definitely muted flavour.

Bob

I agree with the nic comment above, I mix some at 6% and some at 3% for the subtank and the lower nic is definitely muted flavour.

Bob

It makes more sense to be the opposite.. Less nicotine = tastier juice.

It's mainly the pg carrying the flavour, the nic strength shouldn't make any difference unless it's crap tasting nicotine.

You do get a lot less throat hit though and if you usually vape high nicotine juice then maybe you have being tasting the nicotine and like it.

Last edited:
I usually vape at 3mg or 6mg, so I'll make a larger sample in the week and add the nicotine.

I'll also look at getting some vanillin, see how that works. How much of that should I use as a starting point?

It's mainly the pg carrying the flavour, the nic strength shouldn't make any difference unless it's crap tasting nicotine.

You do get a lot less throat hit though and if you usually vape high nicotine juice then maybe you have being tasting the nicotine and like it.

Just what i was going to say but you read my mind :)

Strawberry 20%
Caramel 2%

I got some concentrates from UKF (not strawberry) and I've found them a little disappointing. They're a food flavourings company and are just marketing their stuff as ejuice, which may work for some flavours but not all. It's probably why Capella introduced an ejuice range.

I found the same thing with Cupcake World - their custard is the best I've found but most of their fruit flavours are dull.

Leave your mix to steep for a couple of weeks, this can make a huge difference, and take bob salter's suggestion and add a bit of Dragon Fruit.

Yep I know it makes no sense whatsoever but thats what I found. I use nic, my mate doesn't. My mixes were very muted without the nic.

I usually vape at 3mg or 6mg, so I'll make a larger sample in the week and add the nicotine.

I'll also look at getting some vanillin, see how that works. How much of that should I use as a starting point?

Start at 1% vannilin and see how you go. A little adds a lovely creamy vanilla taste, A lot tastes like an accident in a chemistry lab

Back
Top Bottom