What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

Strawberry Custard

walks

Achiever
I've been playing around trying to create a nice strawberry flavoured custard. Added a bit of caramel to sweeten slightly.

This is by no means a finished article yet and I haven't put any nicotine in either at the moment as I'm just trying to get the flavour right. The custard flavour is a triple strength concentrate so took me a few goes to realise I didn't need to put as much in, good job I was only making 1ml samples to start!

All flavours have come from the UK Flavours website.

Strawberry 20%
Vanilla Custard Triple Strength 2%
Caramel 2%

So far this has tasted quite nice in a dripper at 0.5ohms but the flavour seems a little muted in my Nautilus mini.

If anyone has any thoughts as to what else I could add to improve it, feel free to share them here.

I've been playing around trying to create a nice strawberry flavoured custard. Added a bit of caramel to sweeten slightly.

This is by no means a finished article yet and I haven't put any nicotine in either at the moment as I'm just trying to get the flavour right. The custard flavour is a triple strength concentrate so took me a few goes to realise I didn't need to put as much in, good job I was only making 1ml samples to start!

Strawberry 20%
Caramel 2%

So far this has tasted quite nice in a dripper at 0.5ohms but the flavour seems a little muted in my Nautilus mini.

If anyone has any thoughts as to what else I could add to improve it, feel free to share them here.

I would try adding some vanillin. UK Flavours has 30ml for £3.99. If you find the strawberry muted try their triple strength strawberry or Capella Sweet strawberry

It might be worth trying it with nic added as I find that zero nic juice doesn't carry flavours as well.

Im currently using:-

10 capella VC ver 1
10 capella sweet strawberry
5 vanilla swirl
5 dragonfruit

I agree with the nic comment above, I mix some at 6% and some at 3% for the subtank and the lower nic is definitely muted flavour.

Bob

I agree with the nic comment above, I mix some at 6% and some at 3% for the subtank and the lower nic is definitely muted flavour.

Bob

It makes more sense to be the opposite.. Less nicotine = tastier juice.

It's mainly the pg carrying the flavour, the nic strength shouldn't make any difference unless it's crap tasting nicotine.

You do get a lot less throat hit though and if you usually vape high nicotine juice then maybe you have being tasting the nicotine and like it.

Last edited:
I usually vape at 3mg or 6mg, so I'll make a larger sample in the week and add the nicotine.

I'll also look at getting some vanillin, see how that works. How much of that should I use as a starting point?

It's mainly the pg carrying the flavour, the nic strength shouldn't make any difference unless it's crap tasting nicotine.

You do get a lot less throat hit though and if you usually vape high nicotine juice then maybe you have being tasting the nicotine and like it.

Just what i was going to say but you read my mind :)

Strawberry 20%
Caramel 2%

I got some concentrates from UKF (not strawberry) and I've found them a little disappointing. They're a food flavourings company and are just marketing their stuff as ejuice, which may work for some flavours but not all. It's probably why Capella introduced an ejuice range.

I found the same thing with Cupcake World - their custard is the best I've found but most of their fruit flavours are dull.

Leave your mix to steep for a couple of weeks, this can make a huge difference, and take bob salter's suggestion and add a bit of Dragon Fruit.

Yep I know it makes no sense whatsoever but thats what I found. I use nic, my mate doesn't. My mixes were very muted without the nic.

I usually vape at 3mg or 6mg, so I'll make a larger sample in the week and add the nicotine.

I'll also look at getting some vanillin, see how that works. How much of that should I use as a starting point?

Start at 1% vannilin and see how you go. A little adds a lovely creamy vanilla taste, A lot tastes like an accident in a chemistry lab

Back
Top Bottom