What's new

Sat 22, what's the trick then ?

The original is tight, that's the point of it. If you're the kind of person who would want to drill it out it probably isnt the atty for you. It's my favourite atomiser to the extent that I reckon I'd swap my origen for second.

And f6ck this tablet keyboard.

Forgot to add,I am getting a very nice warm flavoursome vape with mine.But as mentioned,it does rely on an appropriate juice to use with it.

It vapes well, warm & dense but that flavour isn't there. The cap with the bigger air holes has helped (Yup). I'm looking at it now & thinking along the lines of a micro coil because where the air hits now, it's only in a direct line wit 2/3 of the coil. The other 3rd stands higher up the wick. I figure with a micro coil it will sit face on.
It's not like you can shimmy the coil closer or left & right either because it has to sit over that hole.

It's not bad but i'm still hankering after some flavour. probably leave it for the night & go in tomorrow with a different build, sigh, shame to upset it. Better to mess things up with a cheaper copy anyway.

Thanks for looking in. :)

I find that the flavour gets better the warmer the sat gets. I love it as a flavour tank, better than anything else I use. It's just too small and needs constant filling

The original is tight, that's the point of it. If you're the kind of person who would want to drill it out it probably isnt the atty for you.

Yeah but mine's a cheapo, second hand even. Anyway if i hadn't drilled it my fuckin tonsils would be lodged in the drip tip by now :D
I still have the unmamed top cap too but it's laughing at me so i had to put it in a little cardboard box with a lid on. Who's laughing now eh ? Not fuckin me ;)

Seriously though, thanks for chipping in & if i had bought a satburn instead of a shatblurb i wouldn't have gone near it with a drill either... It's like hellfire all over again.

It vapes well, warm & dense but that flavour isn't there. The cap with the bigger air holes has helped (Yup). I'm looking at it now & thinking along the lines of a micro coil because where the air hits now, it's only in a direct line wit 2/3 of the coil. The other 3rd stands higher up the wick. I figure with a micro coil it will sit face on.
It's not like you can shimmy the coil closer or left & right either because it has to sit over that hole.

It's not bad but i'm still hankering after some flavour. probably leave it for the night & go in tomorrow with a different build, sigh, shame to upset it. Better to mess things up with a cheaper copy anyway.

Thanks for looking in. :)

Not quite understanding what you mean with regards to the airholes being in line with 2/3 of the coil.I notice from your pics that you have the build on the right hand side looking at it.If you look closesly at the silent video you will see that is the same,however you will also notice at the beginning that the hole on the deck on the right is larger than the left one.On my clone the larger hole is the one on the left.Maybe they fucked that up, I set my build on the left side which gives me a far better vape,also the top cap sits flush with this,if I build it on the right then the top cap will not go right down flush.

Not quite understanding what you mean with regards to the airholes being in line with 2/3 of the coil.I notice from your pics that you have the build on the right hand side looking at it.If you look closesly at the silent video you will see that is the same,however you will also notice at the beginning that the hole on the deck on the right is larger than the left one.On my clone the larger hole is the one on the left.Maybe they fucked that up, I set my build on the left side which gives me a far better vape,also the top cap sits flush with this,if I build it on the right then the top cap will not go right down flush.

Nah, i used the left hand hole, the bigger one of the two. Really it shouldn't make any difference apart from a thicker or thinner diameter coil & wick, The top cap sits all the way down when the air holes are directly in front of the coil & that would be same with either wick hole, it's all relative to that offset chamber either way.
What i was saying about the air holes not hitting all of the coil... Take off the top cap & sit it on the deck outside of the build-deck with the holes & wick facing you, that's how low it will sit when it's back on. Then eye how high above the holes the coils rise. I figure that a micro coil will be hit square on & all over, not saying it's the answer, just trying stuff out. I'll have a go later but before that i need an afternoon nap, i start work early & at this time of day i'm like a grizzly pup.
Thanks for your input, for so many people to say it's a flavour atty i must be doing something wrong so far.

I have always found that once I rebuild my Sat22 and leave it overnight, the flavour improves noticeably.

I have always found that once I rebuild my Sat22 and leave it overnight, the flavour improves noticeably.

That's an interesting thing to say. I tried to convey that once about my dripper, a build is better after 12 hours or so.... Not many people got it but i still believe it. Cheers.

Interesting thread and many thanks vaporsizer for starting this off. My Sat22 Clone works flawlessly thus far, built the way that is shown in the excellent silent video. The Larger Hole is on the Right on mine (???) and that's the hole I use, however, as 5miley said, the flavour is hugely improved after it has been sitting overnight. I only vape Tobacco Style Liquids and it really does seem to suit this Genny. Looking forward to trying out a Kraken that is coming my way before too long.;)

Here you go - orig vs clone

From the images you may be able to work out the chamber is more oval on the clone and the opening is larger, while the holes sit in a narrower and deeper recess on the cap. All of this will alter the flavour profile.

That said, I've wicked it up and it's decent.

I'll lob in images of my Sat22/Eden build on a GP X with a fresh 18500.

ImageUploadedByPlanet of the Vapes1426777126.568797.jpg

ImageUploadedByPlanet of the Vapes1426777140.241990.jpg

ImageUploadedByPlanet of the Vapes1426777154.449419.jpg

ImageUploadedByPlanet of the Vapes1426777167.140137.jpg

ImageUploadedByPlanet of the Vapes1426777178.794322.jpg

Back
Top Bottom