What's new

Sat 22, what's the trick then ?

vaporsizer

Veteran
Such a nice looking atty that i was drawn in but with moth holes in my pockets this time of year i couldn't stretch the whole 9 yards for a genuine model.
I have 2 clones, one in use & one disabled owing to a missing insulating top-hat washer from the centre post.

Anyway, they're both the same even though they're in different packaging & under different names. The quality of vape so far has been the same for both & i only have one head scratch, flavour muted !

I'm running one here with around a 1ohm standard coil. 5 wraps of 0.32mm kanthal spaced around a 400 mesh roll from a 10mm x10mm square & another 400 mesh wick through the centre (from a 10mm x 20mm cut) down into the tank.

It's a tidy build & the coils are all nice & evenly glowing, no hot spots or hot legs so no nasty hits going on. I'm basically pleased with the build, took the time to make it so.

I chucked it on a 30watt box to use it, tried a couple of different liquids & have been trying different wattages from 11 up to 25. Just seems to vape away hit after hit but the flavour is muted in all cases.

Of the two air holes, one is drilled out to 1.5mm, that makes a total of about 2mm. Perhaps the second one at 1.5mm could work. Apart from adding air flow i'm a bit flumoxed. They say it's a flavour atty but next to my 16mm reactor rda with cotton, it comes in way below parr. If i can reveal its secret i might be tempted by a genuine one some time.

Sat22 by Andreas Vassiliou ( Silence Tutorial ): Sat22 by Andreas Vassiliou ( Silence Tutorial ) - YouTube
I use this build and the flavour is excellent, I think drilling it is a mistake personally as the small space in the topcap is where the flavour is, too much air will mute it. I've only got a clone but it's untouched and I'm actually on my second as I had issues with the center post. I'd love to be able to save up for an original though

How to ruin the flavour in a Sat22

Step 1. Drill out the holes for some fucking ungodly reason

Step 2. There is no step 2, you damn fucked it up already

Step 3. Just remembered a second step...anything over 12w strikes me as overkill on a 1ohm build. More airflow and higher watts just increases Vape at the expense of flavour.

I've no idea what the sketch is with the clone. Slight differences in internal construction, hole positioning and hole diameter are going to alter the entire Vape dynamic.

I usually aim for about .8ohm on a 400 mesh straw. Also, it depends on your juice - some isn't for gennys. I only use Eden in my Sat.

Thanks folks. I have watched that demo build, he makes some savvy videos that guy. I watched a few more too & i've had a few builds in here including a micro coil with the same type of wick. Must say, the mesh-in-mesh is the best so far.
Regarding the air holes, as luck would have it, i have a second top cap with untouched ones.... Which i will grab next.

I can now confirm i have tried the undrilled top cap, a tight draw & a muted flavour. I also drilled the spare top cap again, now i have 2x 1.5mm air holes & that has improved it but it's still muted.
Someone mentioned the air holes on the genuine satburn were 2 x 0.8mm, pretty small & the clone looks to me to be about that too. trying to gauge it with a 1mm drill bit & that seems about right. It still seems tight though for a 1.6mm total air flow.

What i think the differences are from the original to the clone.

Apart from the plastic tank sections, 1 clear, 1 frosted & 1 chrome plastic & their shorter section. Dunno, i'm finding it hard to imagine what the differences would be. Possibly a better grade of brass for the centre pin assy. It's a straight through direct connection to the coil so it would make a difference.
Maybe the air hole placement is different but i have my doubts.

It could still be just my build, perhaps some thinner gauge kanthal could help... Thinks on.

A few screen shots.

P1010536.jpg
P1010535 (3).jpg
P1010532 (2).jpg
P1010534 (3).JPG

I taste Bananna :D I was going to say that I have found around .8 to be a good build with this.How it compares with an original I have no idea, I guess I have only half fucked this up according to that twat @DaveX I did drill the lower hole out slightly. Dave,I am not sure about the original but on this one I can just get a piece of .37 Kanthal through the hole which I did not drill out,you would have to say that is fucking tight by any standard,or perhaps that is how an original is.

Forgot to add,I am getting a very nice warm flavoursome vape with mine.But as mentioned,it does rely on an appropriate juice to use with it.

Back
Top Bottom