What's new

HAVE YOUR SAY! A question for our customers

Yeah thats the obvious option isnt it ...

the problem with that is .. I cant do buyer takes the risk .. Im just not mentally geared up for it, if stuff doesnt go thru I feel bound to replace it.

also lawfully the contract is between the buyer and the seller (this is why Courier companies including RM get away with so much slackness)

So legally .. Im not sure you can enforce buyer takes risk.

Fair play. But you could make the buyer aware that there is a significant risk and aim to push towards the couriered option.

Sent from my iPhone using Planet of the Vapes

I'd go for the courier each and every time......Everything, and I do mean everything I sell either on ebay or through my website goes out as "signed for"

I incorporate that into my selling price and it's marked up as "Signed for" postage included in price...Not lost a package (so far) in transit, and no dodgy customers saying that the package hasn't been delivered either.

I simply wouldn't buy from a company that wanted to charge me £3.60 if I only wanted to try one of their juices. If it was a company that offered other products like wick or wire or another range of juice options it might be different, but I would far rather take my chances and order for a Royal Mail delivery. Sometimes companies that insist I have to have a signed for delivery are frankly a pain in the arse, as being available to sign can be a real challenge. Given the option there is a good chance I will choose Royal Mail despite the issues, without the option there is a good chance I would simply look elsewhere.

Sometimes companies that insist I have to have a signed for delivery are frankly a pain in the arse, as being available to sign can be a real challenge. .

I've just answered on the 'book saying the same thing

I get what you're saying Diche, but the lowest priced item on my website is about £16.00 including the "signed for"postage.....I'd rather lose a sale than lose an item...Sure, I could send it out cheaper, but with no recourse if royal mail bugger up, or if a less than honest customer decides that their item doesn't get "delivered"

There's no easy answer.

It depends on the value though. Sure for something at a higher price is reasonable, but for a small order? PITA!
:P

agreed, hardwear is different. However on a juice order it really does play a part in my order patterns

In truth .. We would probably have to add an option for the Highlands and Northern Ireland so people could choose Either Royal Fail or The COurier service ..

Fucking right you would!:p 10 quid postage on one little bottle of juice plus 100 miles worth of petrol for the trip to the depot after the courier lies about attempting to deliver your parcel three times on the same day.

Might that option still also apply to larger orders? *channels Paul Calf* Ah fookin 'ate couriers.

And will free postage still apply on orders over £50? Every penny's a prisoner!:)

Hats off for considering alternative couriers if the one you are using isn't providing a service you are happy with; you're running a mail order company after all. I suppose it's preferable to the many 'vendors' griping about their chosen courier in their T&Cs and on the pages of their online shops.

Incidentally, I've never had any problems whatsoever with our brave boys* in their little red vans, and I buy lots of different stuff online. Can't say the same about couriers.

*(and girls)

Tricky one. For me, I do prefer standard post because it's just there when I get home - if I ever get red-carded for anything I can't go and get it until the weekend which is annoying. Having said that, there is always an element of 'phew, it came!' because I do feel like I'm running the risk of a missing parcel every time.

SO it would seem the way forward then is too leave as is .. and make an informed choice come packing time wether to put it on the Royal Mail Bag or Courier bag ... depending on destination, size and customer instructions then.

and maybe add the choice for the smaller parcels

Cheers everyone!

Back
Top Bottom