What's new

WWII Shell Cases

Jimmydids

Achiever
Found these whilst having a clear out. My grandad brought them back from the war and was wondering if they could be made into mods. Although it says 20mm on the bottom the cases are just over 23mm at the base and just under 22mm at the top. Bit longer than Paps v3 in 18650 mode. I'm a long way from doing anything with them (want to try mod making at some point). Has anyone tried converting anything similar? Just after some thoughts for now.

ImageUploadedByPlanet of the Vapes1425736182.164835.jpgImageUploadedByPlanet of the Vapes1425736194.936823.jpgImageUploadedByPlanet of the Vapes1425736209.810990.jpg

The idea is brilliant, i hope it works i'd love to see the end result

Sent from my iPhone using Planet of the Vapes

that would make a unique mech mod. plumbing parts are a good source for brass threaded parts post some pics when you do it

Would be fairly easy to my mind. If i did it i would have to try and keep it looking just right though, which would mean either cutting the bottom so the whole base was a switch, probably going magnet route, or slightly fiddly and small, maybe replace the firing pin with something longer so it protruded more.

Projectile would have been 20mm

i toyed with doing something similar with a 50cal drill round but didnt have the heart to wreck it as its an old item and it just seemed somehow wrong. Now if i jad a bucketfull that would be different

Back
Top Bottom