What's new

The Kraken how do you like yours? Or why did you not like it?

I am loving mine and have hardly picked up a dripper since getting it.
I am sure I have much still to learn but I am going to get a couple more.
I have had recurring hot spots but have kept them at bay by dry firing in pulses till the coil is firing correctly (heating from the centre out).
I am only using a single wick so every time the tank is low I can hold the kraken at an angle with the juice away from the wick and do the dry firing. It keeps the coil and wick clean, gets rid of hot spots or hot legs and keeps it working great.
Good luck with yours.

Cheers Hippy, I'll let you know how it works out. Hoping it's as good as I've heard cos I've got a manabush sampler box looking at me from across the room :)

I have been holding off from a Genny for a while now, but I think the time is getting ever closer. There's something about the Sat22 that is calling to me and I suspect I'll cave in before too much longer.
The things that have put me off up until now, have been the inability to lie it down when not in use and the fact that so many regard a Genny as the work of the Devil himself :D but having spoken in depth with an ape whose opinion I regard highly, I "think" that the time has arrived.
The appeal is the reports of such great flavour. Being a Flavour Hound as opposed to a Cloud Chaser, I am hoping that this will prove a useful exercise? That said, if it isn't what I expect, there is always the Classifieds.;)

I have been holding off from a Genny for a while now, but I think the time is getting ever closer. There's something about the Sat22 that is calling to me and I suspect I'll cave in before too much longer.
The things that have put me off up until now, have been the inability to lie it down when not in use and the fact that so many regard a Genny as the work of the Devil himself :D but having spoken in depth with an ape whose opinion I regard highly, I "think" that the time has arrived.
The appeal is the reports of such great flavour. Being a Flavour Hound as opposed to a Cloud Chaser, I am hoping that this will prove a useful exercise? That said, if it isn't what I expect, there is always the Classifieds.;)

I will not know how much they are the work of the devil till I build one from scratch,since the one I was given already had a mesh wick and even though my coil is not perfect I have a work around for the problems I have so far.
The not laying it down is not a problem as a dripper user.
I am liking the idea that with regular dry burns wicks and coils will last for ages.
As a doomsday preper I tend to think that if it is worth having one then it is worth having 3.
So once I have got a couple of ft clones my plan would be to build all three then continue to rebuild the worst one till all three are working well.
Hopefully by then I will understand what I am doing.
Whether they are good for flavour I could not say (I put less flavour in my liquid than anyone I know of) but it certainly produces the vapour so I reckon you can get the vapour you want with a higher resistance coil and so get better battery life.
Good luck if you take the plunge.

The Sat22 is a small flavour machine, its worth spending the time persevering with it to get it right, if you really don't get on with it then as you say, there's always the classies or pm me and ill consider another for myself

Ah well, here we go, ordered a Sat22 clone and we'll no doubt see what happens.:14:

Ah well, here we go, ordered a Sat22 clone and we'll no doubt see what happens.:14:

Have you ordered mesh as well, the sat works better with mesh than rope IMHO. #400 marine grade should be ok for nearly all but very high vg mixes

Yup, done. Really looking forward to this little beauty.

Back
Top Bottom