What's new

The Kraken how do you like yours? Or why did you not like it?

RagingMammoth has a post regarding a SS rope/mesh/ribbon tutorial which is the one I intend to follow and he seems the go to on the matter of that.

@RagingMammoth has a post regarding a SS rope/mesh/ribbon tutorial which is the one I intend to follow and he seems the go to on the matter of that.

Yes I saw it.Good tutorial.
When I started this thread I was interested in rope builds and whether they would be better.
Now,I do not think I need or want any better wicking,I am enjoying the build as it is.

Ah that reminds me. The rsst has rope and mesh but I haven't recoiled it since the aborted ribbon attempt. This evenings job me thinks and see what it's like.

Yes I saw it.Good tutorial.
When I started this thread I was interested in rope builds and whether they would be better.
Now,I do not think I need or want any better wicking,I am enjoying the build as it is.

Glad you are liking it, but it's certainly worth trying it with rope. Allows for much high wattages.

I liked my kraken. Was one of my first rebuildables. The only reason I got rid of it was cos you can't lay them down or they leak. Plus mine was brass and I don't do polishing.

Mesh. 400.

It's all about mesh. I don't get why people bother having a genny just to lob cotton in it when there are RTAs.

The Kraken is a relatively large chamber, it's really designed with a dual mesh wick in mind.

If you venture into ropes then just remember they are filthy horrible lumps of metal. Repeated boiling in water with alcohol rinses might shift all the crap...but it's unlikely. I was told about it and didn't believe it until I tried - the rope went straight in the bin.

400 Mesh with a strand of silica down the middle in the T3 works a treat and doesn't need rewicking for ages.

Mesh. 400.

It's all about mesh. I don't get why people bother having a genny just to lob cotton in it when there are RTAs.

The Kraken is a relatively large chamber, it's really designed with a dual mesh wick in mind.

If you venture into ropes then just remember they are filthy horrible lumps of metal. Repeated boiling in water with alcohol rinses might shift all the crap...but it's unlikely. I was told about it and didn't believe it until I tried - the rope went straight in the bin.

Thanks for that.
I will give rope a miss.
I am definitely not a cloud chaser, and this single 1 ohm coil is putting out all the vapour I could need.
Definitely cloudier than my tobh dripper at half the resistance.(could be I am just crap at dual coil builds).
I have discovered part of what people mean when they say genesis tanks are great when set up properly because yesterday it was great, today hotspots were back and it took 20 min of random fiddling to get it working well again.
I could see how that could put you off if you had to do it too often.
For now I am loving it again.

Thanks for that.
I will give rope a miss.
I am definitely not a cloud chaser, and this single 1 ohm coil is putting out all the vapour I could need.
Definitely cloudier than my tobh dripper at half the resistance.(could be I am just crap at dual coil builds).
I have discovered part of what people mean when they say genesis tanks are great when set up properly because yesterday it was great, today hotspots were back and it took 20 min of random fiddling to get it working well again.
I could see how that could put you off if you had to do it too often.
For now I am loving it again.

Easiest method is to use microcoils then pulse in the fresh mesh. If it's all glowing evenly, repeatedly at this stage you'll not have hotspots when vaping (providing your wicks wick)

I'm hoping I'm going to like my kraken when it turns up later on, meant to get one ages ago but got caught up in drippers. Got some 300 and 400 mesh coming too

Back
Top Bottom