What's new

The Kraken how do you like yours? Or why did you not like it?

oldhippydude

Veteran
Have just built my first coil on the Kraken that @Tubbyengineer kindly gave me at the Ambleside meet,I built a 1 ohm coil
on the steel mesh wick that Tubby had in it.
I must say I like it,I can see my tanks getting even less use now.In most situations I am a dripper user so am used to keeping attys upright.
From those few people still using genesis attys I would be interested in what type of wick do you prefer and why.
From those that have given up on them what did you not like.
To scumpox, I know you like stalking my posts feel free to continue slagging me,you are on my ignore list so I will not be reading any of your great wisdom.

I like them a lot, had a couple permanently on the go for six months or so, using 0.8ohm, dual-coiled with Japanese/Muji cotton wicks, which I pull up and snip off every so often. I keep meaning to wick them with mesh as everyone always recommends but they're so good the way they are that I haven't ever gotten around to it. Suppose I'm basically running them as drippers fed from a tank that's easy to fill without disturbing anything. Expect I'm doing it wrong but hey, they're still at the top for flavour as far as I'm concerned ;)

I've a Sat22 which I wick with mesh in mesh, the Kraken and pulseG I use ss rope and mesh. I like genesis tanks for the flavour and I've not found them to be a sod to coil either. Ok maybe not for the inexperienced coilers but you've got to learn somewhere.
For Christ's sake don't let the wick dry out, a dry hit on mesh is truly rank

I did my first build on my pulse g with cotton much to the dismay of many but it worked really well, have done 1 with mesh in mesh and it was an improvement in flavour and have tried to do the ss rope in mesh and after about an hour of trying to stop it hotspotting I gave up and lobbed it in the back of the draw to try another day.

I did my first build on my pulse g with cotton much to the dismay of many but it worked really well, have done 1 with mesh in mesh and it was an improvement in flavour and have tried to do the ss rope in mesh and after about an hour of trying to stop it hotspotting I gave up and lobbed it in the back of the draw to try another day.

It's worth persevering, the flavour that can be gained from a genny is better than any cotton wicked tank I've used.

It's worth persevering, the flavour that can be gained from a genny is better than any cotton wicked tank I've used.

That's why I haven't lobbed it up on the classies, the flavour I got when it worked was really good, I now have some ribbon which is apparently a little better for gennies so at some point I will try again ..... Just not today and more than likely not tomorrow

After vaping it all afternoon I am a total convert.
The coil was easy and only took a few minutes to get rid of the hot spots.
Of course I had it easy being able to reuse Tubby's mesh wick,but knowing how good it is will give me the motivation to build it from scratch when the time comes.I am confused as to why most of the old-timers have given up on them.
Now I will have to buy another one and some spares.

To scumpox, I know you like stalking my posts feel free to continue slagging me,you are on my ignore list so I will not be reading any of your great wisdom.

Was this a typo?

I'm surprised by your comment, scrumpox is one of the people I most respect on this forum and you too have quickly established yourself, so let's hope you can work out whatever it is between you.

Was this a typo?

I'm surprised by your comment, @scrumpox is one of the people I most respect on this forum and you too have quickly established yourself, so let's hope you can work out whatever it is between you.

No typo.I have no problem with him.Happy to ignore him.These are my last words on the matter.Life goes on.

Second rba was a rsst. Love the taste on mesh but I didn't like the atty itself. Been meaning to aquire another and the kraken was top of the list. However after running my origen v2 Rda on mesh with vertical coils I'm swayed more towards the origen genesis tank.
Hadn't heard mention of mesh wick within a mesh wick before so il be testing that out soon.
Be interested to hear tips on ribbon. Ended up with hot legs when I tried it. Guess need to keep one end flat to the deck and zero gap from wick to post at the top.

Back
Top Bottom