What's new

Fave Origen Build?

toondog

Initiate
Post by Toondog on 12 minutes ago
Hi all, as the title suggests I'm interested to know what your fave Origen build is. As some of you may be aware I've arrived late to the Origen party but have totally fallen in love with it. (if you haven't tried one I suggest you do!)

What I like about it is it's incredible versatility. One coil mouth to lung one airhole open duel coil two airholes just about good for lung hits, a bit tight for some.

I've tried a few builds on it in the week I've had it and here are my results. ( I realise this is prob not news to many)

First Build

Vertical Dual Coil with ready made No res-Res-No Res welded wires (nichrome)
2x 1.5 ohms reading 0.7 on my Ipv mini
Boots organic pads sperated, outer edges discarded and wicks formed from inner looser cotton strands
Wells not stuffed enough wick to just lay about 2 mmm in the bottom. Top of the wicks JUST bellow the centre post and pasted to it (centre post) with a bit of juice
verdict-
First and best, the nichrome heats just about instantly so no hanging around. I could run this at 5 watts would you believe and get tonnes of flavour and vapour lung hitting. Super battery life :)
Downside, changing cotton is a pain as its dead easy to ruin your coils (i had made sudo micro coils with the pre welds) theyre just too flimsy and seperate to easily.

2nd Build
Dual coils again with .32 Kanthal micro, 6 wraps aiming for 0.7 again (and hit it thanks to this great resource Coil wrapping | Steam Engine | free vaping calculators )
wicks were made of Muji one layer rolled with plenty in the wells and same config at the top of the centre post
Verdict- good, but not as good as the first build. Obv the kanthal being thicker took a lot longer to heat up so needed to start at 12 watts min and even at 20watts there was a bit of a delay. Flavour and vapour were great but not as good as the boots/ready made combo. That surprised me.

3rd Build
Dual vertical .21 Kanthal again aiming for 1.5 ohm (was thinking mouth to lung) hit it again using steam engines coil calc as linked above.
Wick muji again but this time one "u" wick shared by both coils with plenty in the well.
Verdict-Still great but not wicking as well even with the well full of juice. Still a bit of a delay but too hot for the wick above 15 watts (or bellow if chaining) so
decided to cut the wick in the middle and stick to the centre post again. Much better but still not as good as build number one.

So in short, Cheap ready wires with boots organic pads are kicking muji/Kanthal's butt! which is odd as everything else (plume veil, Igo W3 etc work much better with the muji/kanthal combo, oh by the way, if anyone could give me the size for the Plume base O rings I'd be delighted :)

So now I'm wondering what build to try next, single coil, horrizontal etc.

How do you do yours and what for, flavour? vapour? best of both?

Long post I know but I'd love to hear from you

Chris

Had a couple of origen v2's & always build them dual horizontal micro coil, 0.6 - 0.8 ohm or 1ohm (ish) with cotton wool.
Flavour always depended on coil position.

Been playing with mine for a week. Build 3 is my favourite.
Up until last night I've only coiled with .15 .20 and .25 nichrome but my delivery arrived with kanthal Inc so I got to experiment.
Somehow put .40m on the order so thought I'd have a test.
8 wraps each coil on a 3mm metric bolt giving me about .4ohms
Wicked with ss mesh.
The heat up time is a bit long however I prefer a cooler vape so suits me well. Chain vaping it's a champ. The coils hold heat well in between toots.

Kanthal is a lot easier to work with holds its former real well and doesn't seem to carbon up as quickly as nichr.
uploadfromtaptalk1424884674657.jpguploadfromtaptalk1424884708995.jpguploadfromtaptalk1424884742345.jpg

I tried dual vertical, single vertical, parallels, twisteds.... and finally settled on the coil that I seem to prefer in absolutely everything - a single horizontal micro coil. I'm only really interested I chasing flavour and whenever I build anything else, no matter how perfect I build it, it's never as good as old faithful.

.30 & 400-grade mesh

Puros Dark

Bloody gorgeous

Origen_build.jpg

Origen genesis by the look of it. Very keen to get my mits on one. Especially as the Rda performs so well In this configuration.

Is the screw behind the positive post the fill hole?

Origen genesis by the look of it. Very keen to get my mits on one. Especially as the Rda performs so well In this configuration.

Is the screw behind the positive post the fill hole?

Yep. The thing is a lovely design and great to work with. The only thing I'd change is to make the smallest hole setting a tighter draw but it's still a great vape.

Back
Top Bottom