What's new

Anyone from Dorset?

Haha rugby is rugby lad, thats the way I was brought up! Played both codes all my life. If I go back to playing it definitely won't be for Oaks, probably Bournemouth or New Milton, my first XV days are well and truly over, social rugby only for me from now on!

I remember playing for Oaks 3rd team about 6 years ago while I was recovering from injury and playing Blandford II away with a few other first teamers on the road to recovery, think we won about 124-7 lol.

Bournemouth is a shit hole, no loss there haha. We do have some great pubs and venues to choose from though in the sticks!

We beat them 25-16 away but they somehow managed to pull it together for the home leg.

I play 2s most of the time. Oaks are not what they used to be since they split and the dockers were formed.

Rugby is rugby, i'm just not fit enough for League so i slag it off!

We beat them 25-16 away but they somehow managed to pull it together for the home leg.

I play 2s most of the time. Oaks are not what they used to be since they split and the dockers were formed.

Rugby is rugby, i'm just not fit enough for League so i slag it off!

Definitely not, and since Croker left as head coach and went to Basingstoke things are a lot different, quite a lot of my good mates play for the Dockers and have asked me to go play for them, but Verwood is a bit of a mission to be honest. I think Oaks only have two sides now and are struggling for numbers- when I played for them we had so much depth we were occasionally putting out a 4th team! How times have changed. I can't be arsed with the politics of first XV rugby if I go back to playing, I just wanna play for a laugh and the social side.

Gonna guess your a forward then!

Definitely not, and since Croker left as head coach and went to Basingstoke things are a lot different, quite a lot of my good mates play for the Dockers and have asked me to go play for them, but Verwood is a bit of a mission to be honest. I think Oaks only have two sides now and are struggling for numbers- when I played for them we had so much depth we were occasionally putting out a 4th team! How times have changed. I can't be arsed with the politics of first XV rugby if I go back to playing, I just wanna play for a laugh and the social side.

Gonna guess your a forward then!

Tighty, I love social (2nds) but were struggling for numbers, hopefully with the 6 nations and pending world cup we'll get at lot more potential players knocking on our door.

Digbys one for your diary if you have time ^^

Definitely, with some sample custard :P

Tighty, I love social (2nds) but were struggling for numbers, hopefully with the 6 nations and pending world cup we'll get at lot more potential players knocking on our door.

Definitely, with some sample custard :P

Flashy back myself, though did play a fair bit of blindside too (including one memorable game against Swanage and Wareham of which I remember very little of...). I do remember Blandford always struggling for numbers, is the scaleys (Royal Signals) camp still nearby? Can't recruit from there? I remember you used to have a fair few scaleybacks playing for you lot lol.

Digbys can bring about 200ml of DMC and I will just bring a wad of notes :) bit of the King wouldn't go amiss for dessert!

Flashy back myself, though did play a fair bit of blindside too (including one memorable game against Swanage and Wareham of which I remember very little of...). I do remember Blandford always struggling for numbers, is the scaleys (Royal Signals) camp still nearby? Can't recruit from there? I remember you used to have a fair few scaleybacks playing for you lot lol.

Digbys can bring about 200ml of DMC and I will just bring a wad of notes :) bit of the King wouldn't go amiss for dessert!

We get 1 or 2 but they tend not to play incase of injuries. Our 1st team aren't doing too bad (4th in Dorset & Wilts South 1) and had the option of moving up to Southern Counties last season but declined as we we're going through a phase of new pitches and getting everything organised with that.

Feb 21st Blandford play Wimborne II away @ Wimborne. Perhaps the meet could involve watching a game of rugby? I won't be playing as i'm on holiday the following day!

We get 1 or 2 but they tend not to play incase of injuries. Our 1st team aren't doing too bad (4th in Dorset & Wilts South 1) and had the option of moving up to Southern Counties last season but declined as we we're going through a phase of new pitches and getting everything organised with that.

Feb 21st Blandford play Wimborne II away @ Wimborne. Perhaps the meet could involve watching a game of rugby? I won't be playing as i'm on holiday the following day!

Bloody hell that's a bit of an improvement- good on you getting the pitches sorted as they weren't the best last time I was up there! I'm itching to get back involved again, still awaiting Dr's clearance as ideally need the pins removed from my broken leg before I get back into it.

That could be a great idea, depends what the consensus is between everyone who wants to get involved, no Six Nations that weekend either. Wimborne I reckon is still a great shout for a meet.

Bloody hell that's a bit of an improvement- good on you getting the pitches sorted as they weren't the best last time I was up there! I'm itching to get back involved again, still awaiting Dr's clearance as ideally need the pins removed from my broken leg before I get back into it.

That could be a great idea, depends what the consensus is between everyone who wants to get involved, no Six Nations that weekend either. Wimborne I reckon is still a great shout for a meet.

Obviously depends on the consensus, but who doesn't want to watch rugby?

Wimborne is a good shout, Middle ground for most.

Obviously depends on the consensus, but who doesn't want to watch rugby?

Wimborne is a good shout, Middle ground for most.

People with no class ;)

And Harlequins fans....

I reckon we should aim for Wimborne for sure.

Back
Top Bottom