What's new

Thinking of switching from smoking to vaping?

It won't happen to me!

I have smoked all my life, well, since the age of 14 and I am now 71. I am one of the lucky ones, so far. I'm still here and have never suffered any ill health throughout my life, except that now, I am getting older, I find doing any physical work pretty strenuous and I can get short of breath very easily. This is the effects of smoking, more so than old age. I wouldn't class myself as a heavy smoker, about 20 a day and for the last fifteen years, I have been smoking roll ups, still about 20 a day. I found the roll up tobacco to be better, as it has less chemicals than ordinary cigarettes, which seemed to make me cough a bit in the morning. Since smoking hand rolling tobacco, my coughing has almost stopped.

I must admit, I do enjoy smoking and although I know it is not doing my health any good, I still carry on with it, WHY? Because I know that I am not actually suffering by doing so! It's as simple as that. That statement was a month ago!

It's the old old story, I feel alright, so it's ok for me to smoke, it can't be as bad as everyone makes it out to be! You just try to justify yourself, that smoking hasn't caused you any problems, so it's alright for you to smoke.

NICOTINE REPLACEMENT

What is the alternative? For many years, it has been possible to take Nicotine Replacement Therapy. This service is provided on the National Health and is available to anyone who want's to give up smoking tobacco. There are patches, chewing gum and tablets, which all supposed to replace the nicotine that tobacco provides when you inhale the smoke into your lungs. Many people have been successful with this for of treatment, others, including myself haven't!

Twenty years ago, the only way to give up smoking, was pure will power and determination, often causing withdrawal symptoms. Later, certain nicotine replacement products were available, to help with withdrawal symptoms, but will power and self determination to stop was still a main player if you wanted to quit altogether.

ENTER THE ELECTRONIC CIGARETTE!
The best thing since sliced bread. The e cigarettes were introduced quite a few years ago and most people's reactions were. Here we go, another gimmick to help people give up smoking. But these were different to patches, and the foul tasting chewing gum, that was available on the NHS. AND, thay looked like a cigarette and actually gave off smoke. It was like smoking a cigarette, and helped to stop withdrawal symptoms much better than the stuff available on the NHS. These were pretty basic cigarette looking like affairs, still available today, but these have been replaced by the proper Vapourising devices that have really become the alternative to smoking.

I am happy to say, that I am now a user of these and have now given up on smoking tobacco. I was a bit sceptical at first, having tried other methods, of NRT and even the first generation e cigs, I thought, here we go another gimmick that will no doubt have me back on fags, within a week or two. But I can honestly say, that I am completely happy with this alternative to smoking. I am using 18g Tootin Juice Amber Gold, which I find satisfies my craving and I must confess, after just over a month, feel better in my health, get just as much satisfaction (buzz) as I did when smoking and I am saving money too!

At long last, there is an alternative to smoking, if you find it hard to give up, or like me, not really wanting to give up, except for the downside of smoking and the harm it causes. Then here is the answer. They are clean, no smelly tobacco fumes, no dirty ash trays, smelly clothes or yellowing, that tar causes by staining everything it comes into contact with.

I think many people have started using Vapour devices, who have never actually smoked, or as a safer alternative because it seems to have become a sort of cult. Hundreds of pounds can be spent on all sorts of devices and with more and more people taking up vaping, it has become a multi million pound industry. Ok if you want to have the best device money can buy, then that's up to you, but I am quite happy with my £25 starter kit, that does what it says on the tin and gives me the same satisfaction, I got from smoking a proper cigarette, without any regrets and the satisfaction that I can manage without tobacco, save money and not pollute the atmosphere. And best of all I FEEL A LOT MORE HEALTHY!

I think I can honestly say, my wife and I are both completely hooked on this method of tobacco replacement. We both enjoy smoking and can do so now, in a much safer environment, knowing that we are not causing any discomfort to others around us, and our clothes are not smelling like a dirty ashtray. My heart goes out to all those unfortunate people who's loved ones have suffered with cancer through smoking and I am glad that I have been one of the lucky ones, who have managed to live my life to the full. I know it's early day's yet, before the benefit of this alternative smoking is known to be completely harmful and safe to your health, but it has to be one hundred percent much safer than smoking tobacco, and for what time I have got left on the Planet Earth before I become dust again, isn't going to cause any concern to me or my wife. Planet Of The Vapes will still be here, spreading the word, that there is an alternative method to smoking cigarettes in a much safer and healthier way!

I have smoked for 43 years and seen most of my family die from cancer :(
I tried a few times to stop and failed. then a few weeks ago tried vaping but found my body does not like vaping at all and had loads of problems. So now back smoking again.

I have smoked for 43 years and seen most of my family die from cancer :(
I tried a few times to stop and failed. then a few weeks ago tried vaping but found my body does not like vaping at all and had loads of problems. So now back smoking again.
what was it that you think that your body didn't like about vaping? Maybe we can help iron out some of the problems?

Oh yes I remember now. We glad to hear that your GP didn't think that you had a chest infection so the cough was probably related to the cilia waking up after so long. It seems that you have a lot of good advice to work through on the post. I hope that you don't give up.

Hi not vaped for 2 weeks selling my stuff now. It was not just the cough i had other problems.

sorry to hear that. Maybe something else will help you quit? :(

Yes but not sure what, i have tried most things and vaping i loved and it pisses me off that i can't do it.

I did ask the doctors if they could do allergy to see what's in the licquid that my body hates but they said they can't

Main reason i stopped was because of the constant throat clearing that drives me nuts. and when i stopped for 11 days it all cleared up. The doctor have sent me to have a camera but i don't like hospitals so not sure if i will go or not.

Back
Top Bottom