What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

Advice on 0.5 ohm coil build for newbie

bhoot

Postman
Hello Peoples,

New kayfun v4 user. I have been using 0.5 ohm coils in the aspire atlantis and now on the kayfun v4 (not a clone) via premade coils I bought. I am trying to find out what coil configuration will give me 6-8 wraps for 0.5 ohms. I tried using the steam vape calculator but cannot seem to find anything. Ideally I want to be able to build a cool vape and a hot vape with 6-8 wraps on each. Can someone help me out please? Prefer kanthal I did come across something called hotwires on a website made of kanthal base for subohm specific coils.

All single coil build on a YiHi SX350 mod.

Thank you very much.

I use a single coil parallel 26g kanthal, 7 wraps in my Subtank and its brill. If I want a cooler vape run it at 25 watt, if warmer 30-40watt. Comes in at 0.48 on the IPV3 and 0.5 on the Hana. I find it the best coil to use I won't be building anything other than this on my Subtank now. In my RDA I just make this config dual coil coming in at 0.25 on the IPV

I came from an Atlantis subohm'ing aswell. It will be warmer on the Kayfun as airflow wise the Atlantis is like a turbine.

I ordered some 24G kanthal before reading your reply. I'll order a small amount of 26G as well and see how it goes. Thank you for the advice.

Back
Top Bottom