Innokin
What's new

Sick of the Genesis

Cleaner in what way, I dont see how it could be cleaner than a carto or nova tbh but maybe wrong.

its a weird thing to explain Chris .. until you have tried a properly working geny you wont get it ... I didnt

On a properly working geny you suddenly realise that in everything else .. you can "taste" the wick .. the sillica

TBH when i first got a geny working I didnt like it .. I missed the wick flavour, eventually tho you realise what you get is the pure juice.

If you think about it .. all there is is hot metal and juice ... (HOT METAL AND METHADRINE - Sisters anyone?) where as with a silica based product you get a wicky flavour .. its not much .. and sometimes I prefer the wicked heads .. but it DOES make your juice totally different and is especially suited to sweet juices like grants (maplewood is fab out of it as well) Not so good for tobacco vapes for my tastes tho.

not to mention with the aga you can use it silica as well .. which just turns it into a cheaper to run sexy looking big assed nova like tank.

All that said .. it is a faff ...

Vape Superstore
its a weird thing to explain Chris .. until you have tried a properly working geny you wont get it ... I didnt

On a properly working geny you suddenly realise that in everything else .. you can "taste" the wick .. the sillica

TBH when i first got a geny working I didnt like it .. I missed the wick flavour, eventually tho you realise what you get is the pure juice.

If you think about it .. all there is is hot metal and juice ... (HOT METAL AND METHADRINE - Sisters anyone?) where as with a silica based product you get a wicky flavour .. its not much .. and sometimes I prefer the wicked heads .. but it DOES make your juice totally different and is especially suited to sweet juices like grants (maplewood is fab out of it as well) Not so good for tobacco vapes for my tastes tho.

not to mention with the aga you can use it silica as well .. which just turns it into a cheaper to run sexy looking big assed nova like tank.

All that said .. it is a faff ...

Cheers dude, I may give it a go one day. Me and faff dont go well before I launch the faff through the nearest window.

I've used a few rebuildable attys but I'm quite jealous of the folk that seem to get some wonderful genesis awe moment, I tend to get meh moments.

I've tried other people's genesis attys so I know it isn't my wick and coil skills (find it fairly easy, wrap it vape it, never had that much bother), I just never think the difference is that dramatic. Though I get that other people do.

I don't find the coiling that much faff but once I have any rebuildable set up I just can't help but keep faffing with it. No matter how good it's vaping I just keep poking around with it. That's when I get fed up with them. That's where the faff is for me, not the actual coiling but the never relaxing while using it as I'm always inspecting it and fiddling with it.

So I tend to go in phases.
Carto tanks to rebuildables to vivi nova to 306s.
Round and round and each time I change I think that way is the best and I'll never change again.

In ye olden times, before technology, all I ever bothered about was if I'd prefer a couple of drops of coffee or a couple of drops of spiced rum to keep my baccy moist.

AcmeFog
I've used a few rebuildable attys but I'm quite jealous of the folk that seem to get some wonderful genesis awe moment, I tend to get meh moments.

I've tried other people's genesis attys so I know it isn't my wick and coil skills (find it fairly easy, wrap it vape it, never had that much bother), I just never think the difference is that dramatic. Though I get that other people do.

I don't find the coiling that much faff but once I have any rebuildable set up I just can't help but keep faffing with it. No matter how good it's vaping I just keep poking around with it. That's when I get fed up with them. That's where the faff is for me, not the actual coiling but the never relaxing while using it as I'm always inspecting it and fiddling with it.

So I tend to go in phases.
Carto tanks to rebuildables to vivi nova to 306s.
Round and round and each time I change I think that way is the best and I'll never change again.

In ye olden times, before technology, all I ever bothered about was if I'd prefer a couple of drops of coffee or a couple of drops of spiced rum to keep my baccy moist.

Theres a lot of truth in that ...

I do get the flavour difference .. tho I suspect in reality the difference is not worth the extra hassle ... what is worth the hassle is when you do get one right a: the euphoria of getting one right, and b: the fact when they are working they work for ages ... generally till you drop it .. or it just tastes nasty .. which can be quite a long time

that and they look fecking cool

True. The AGA's bigger fill hole will eliminate the juice spooging out on you, unlike the mini DID & Cobra clones where the fill hole is so small. I found that if I have a hollow wick, I could just stick a long needle syringe down the center and fill that way - just tilt it so the 'real' fill hole (w/ the screw out - duh) is up a bit.

My biggest gripe is the reliability of using a mesh. A few times, I had it firing fine, then it would just short out. Maybe I wasn't getting enough juice through so it cleaned the wick while firing.
I then moved to silica. Ok, no problems with conductivity there but then filling was a pain because it air locked and blew juice out.
To be honest, the Nova, I take the top off, fill with juice (not needing a needle) soak and fire away.
So, maybe if the Aga has a larger filling hole my problems will be solved.

Last edited:
The Electronic Cigarette Company
What he said. But... I DO think the flavor is much better with many juices. IMO, the silica wick acts like a filter in some respects. I think a well set up genny is like dripping on a good 510/306 atty, without all the futzing around - topping off every few toots. IMO, anyway.

Theres a lot of truth in that ...

I do get the flavour difference .. tho I suspect in reality the difference is not worth the extra hassle ... what is worth the hassle is when you do get one right a: the euphoria of getting one right, and b: the fact when they are working they work for ages ... generally till you drop it .. or it just tastes nasty .. which can be quite a long time

that and they look fecking cool

OMG I've got a good one after having a few mares recently. I have found that the top coil has been too tight and the top of the wick has been getting really gunked up within hours of recoiling it. I was getting majorly pissed off cos I know how good these can be. Well after hearing about the drillbit method for ages I thought I might as well try and really can't understand why I haven't tried it sooner. I didn't have a drill bit so I used my little screwdriver which is a perfect fit for the hole in the aga-s and it worked pretty much spot on from the off. So far a couple of hours in and I've got no gunk and the flavour is back to being lush again. Me happy :D

Vape Green
OMG I've got a good one after having a few mares recently. I have found that the top coil has been too tight and the top of the wick has been getting really gunked up within hours of recoiling it. I was getting majorly pissed off cos I know how good these can be. Well after hearing about the drillbit method for ages I thought I might as well try and really can't understand why I haven't tried it sooner. I didn't have a drill bit so I used my little screwdriver which is a perfect fit for the hole in the aga-s and it worked pretty much spot on from the off. So far a couple of hours in and I've got no gunk and the flavour is back to being lush again. Me happy :D

Good to hear. Sadly mine has been shelved for a while now. For ease of use, the Igo is top notch in my opinion.

Vape Club
I have a couple of genie clones with teensy holes. I've never tried the drillbit method because I've yet to find a small enough drillbit, or a really thin one is so short it drops into the tank. So from the start I've been doing the oxidise, roll, oxidise, coil business. I won't say that I ever made one that didn't work... my first spat juice so far that it w2as shooting out of the airhole... but I think I've got the knack now and it doesn't take much time ot faffing. I tried the quenching once and it didn't seem to make any difference so I just stopped doing it although I do put some juice on the wick for the final rolled burn. Then it's drop the wick in... too fat, won't fit, make thinner, drop in again (first had more space between the wick and hole than anuwhere else). quick heat of kanthal to make working easy, attach to earh screw, try and wind even with the darned centre post getting in the way, try and attach to said centre post without too tight, too loose or wock pulled onto it and shorting, hope nuts hold wire and don't loosen, if all well, check resistance, start on lowest volts, get the same glow on each turn, fill syringe with juice (blunt needle just fits in filler hole) then cross fingers and toes before starting vaping.
I'm typing this after a minor disaster. A nearly new coil didn't do anything this morning because the top wire had snapped (no idea why) so removed the lot, cleaned wick, wound coil, and resistance was infinate... the wire had snapped. Next go, grand resistance of 0.6 ohm which is a little low so try again. Luckily I've spent most of my life doing work that needs lots of patience and the next coil was perfect apart from it being 2 ohm and I was aiming for 1,8. So hopefully no more coil or wick work for a while. Oh, I've just remembered, my other tiny genie clone has an antique wick which is probably more carbon than steel now.
I do find that a good SS wick seems to be a lot better than anything else and I had my eye on an Aga-T, cut-price because the air hole didn't line up. But they're sold out and I hear that the glass/pyrex of the v2 looks fine when fully assembled and I read that as being jagged. So last night I went crazy and ordered a Phoenix, back to the silica only I think that's harder than mesh to wind a coil on. So by the time I get an Aga it will probably be version 6!
Vaping seenms to be more dangerous than smoking, I have shineyitis, like at least 6 flavours on the go so need at least 6 atties for them, and now I'm even pre-ordering stuff that I won't see for a month or two. The stuff for making wicks and coils cost more than the things I make them for, although I have a lot of it now and I keep getting tempted so I doubt I'll ever own one of the famous atty mods, not even one that needs repairs. Every time I think I can afford a Foggatti or a Cobra or Hellfire along comes a big bill.
I don't mind faffing around but I'm sure there,'d be less faffing with one of those only fate seems determined to show me I will never find out.

I took so long typing this that the subject has now moved to the Igo, which I didn't buy because I wanted a juice that's only sold in one olace and I didn't want two lots of postage charges.

Back
Top Bottom