What's new

Another fine mesh I got myself into?

Kind of interested to try custard. I don't like custard as food, but then again I don't particularly like blueberiries, but I like it as a vape. Doesn't it take like a year to steep though? I really need to invest in an ultrasonic cleaner to speed up steeping times and get to know some recipes too. It's all about the juice aye. :D

You just need to plan ahead. I've got 6 months worth steeping away, and the same for my tobacco mix.

To stop things getting out of hand, these are my only 2 DIY mixes, which I supplement with premixed juices.

Which creams do you use mate? And anything else I should know? I'm always looking to improve my recipe.

Extra thick and plain double cream seems to be the way for me.
Dash of nutmeg and the expensive vanilla extract fae Sainburys.

One never uses goat milk to make custard. Well, once, but once only.....

You just need to plan ahead. I've got 6 months worth steeping away, and the same for my tobacco mix.

To stop things getting out of hand, these are my only 2 DIY mixes, which I supplement with premixed juices.
Yep, sounds like a good plan, that's how I wanna do it, use 2 or 3 DIY juices and then buy premixed. The other way of making loads of different flavour DIY juices seems like a good idea, but it gets out of hand. You don't wanna see my eliquid cupboard. :diy:

As for mesh, yeah the getting lots of flavour appeals to me. I like clouds too but I must have flavour. I'm wondering if I'm not hitting the spot flavour wise coz of cotton. I always used to think you couldn't get better than cotton (muji) at the mo but seems like some people are by using mesh. Hmm...

Extra thick and plain double cream seems to be the way for me.
Dash of nutmeg and the expensive vanilla extract fae Sainburys.

One never uses goat milk to make custard. Well, once, but once only.....

Man, I'm getting old. By the time I got to the end of the sentence I'd forgotten how it started and thought you were talking eliquid.

Still, real custard is one of my favourite subjects.........I presume you're making it with egg yolks? I use vanilla pods when I can find them cheap, a spoon of cornflour, absolute heaven.

Yep, sounds like a good plan, that's how I wanna do it, use 2 or 3 DIY juices and then buy premixed. The other way of making loads of different flavour DIY juices seems like a good idea, but it gets out of hand. You don't wanna see my eliquid cupboard. :diy:

As for mesh, yeah the getting lots of flavour appeals to me. I like clouds too but I must have flavour. I'm wondering if I'm not hitting the spot flavour wise coz of cotton. I always used to think you couldn't get better than cotton (muji) at the mo but seems like some people are by using mesh. Hmm...

I know I bang on about this a bit, but Rayon really improves things for me. Give it a try if you haven't already.

I've had a ton of mesh sitting here for 6 months, I think it's about time I gave it a go.

Man, I'm getting old. By the time I got to the end of the sentence I'd forgotten how it started and thought you were talking eliquid.

Still, real custard is one of my favourite subjects.........I presume you're making it with egg yolks? I use vanilla pods when I can find them cheap, a spoon of cornflour, absolute heaven.
Home made food custard without egg yolks? You can do that? A friend of mine takes down eggs from his chickens/feathered demons, seems to add that extra ooh lala to custard.
Ta for tip on cornflour, might try that next time.

Hmm, peckish now...

Now I've got a little spare time & a plastic bag with a sheet of SS mesh from 18 mths ago,& a collection of RDA's I think I'll have a try with a mesh wick.It will also warm up the room a little when I torch the mesh (I'm too tight to switch on the heating) :rofl:

steeping custard?.... BAH!!.. after a day it's ready to go!!..once it gets to about 4 - 5 weeks old I don't like it thus for me small batches are the way to go. On the subject of mesh.. I have never tried it but have always planned to.. hmmm may give it a go

Added mesh wicks to my Origen clone,primed it with DIY apple/caramel & all I could taste was apple.The juice WAS smoother(zero TH)but seemed to trigger my allergy to tangy juices as I was itching worse than a flea-ridden dog. :(

Back
Top Bottom