What's new

Another fine mesh I got myself into?

lemon22

Postman
So just when I think I'm happy enough with my setup of parallel single coil and muji cotton, I go into a local B&M today and see they sell SS Mesh by Smok. I've never really paid much attention to mesh, but the build I'm currently on (single parallel vertical coil on Veritas dripper) I heard in a youtube vid would work well with mesh.

Thing is though, I'm next to clueless about what mesh is, how it works. I did ask the guy in the B&M shop but he was pretty busy with several customers who'd broken their CE4's, so basically just told me you use it as a wick. He did show me a subtank coil that had mesh and organic cotton in it. Can someone explain mesh to me please. Do you use it with cotton too.

I should just be happy with cotton but I'm just curious to try different wicking materials, but I'm thinking I may just be leading myself into another fine mesh. Should I bother?

Steel mesh is mostly used in Genesis tanks. Apparently it is good wicking.
I don't know anyone who uses it for wicking in drippers and it is tricky to work with. Torching it, rolling it just right, Garr.
Stick to cotton the now, ya'll only just about got the hang of making coils so adding mesh to your learning curve, let's keep it simple the now.

I don't know anyone who uses it for wicking in drippers and it is tricky to work with. Torching it, rolling it just right, Garr.
Stick to cotton the now, ya'll only just about got the hang of making coils so adding mesh to your learning curve, let's keep it simple the now.
Been making coils for months mate, just settling on which one suits me best is what I'm only just getting the hang of. Thanks for the advice, I'll give Mesh a swerve. To be honest DIY'ing juice is something I really do need to spend the time getting the hang of! lol :D

Dig juice will be far more rewarding!! @Ment and @joe clay have fan-frakking-tactic custard recipes to try.
Kind of interested to try custard. I don't like custard as food, but then again I don't particularly like blueberiries, but I like it as a vape. Doesn't it take like a year to steep though? I really need to invest in an ultrasonic cleaner to speed up steeping times and get to know some recipes too. It's all about the juice aye. :D

Depends on which concentrate for custard you use, I think it's anything from 3 weeks to 5 months. Ask around, certainly ask Joe how he makes his for steeping times. Soooo worth the wait tho' that much is certain.
If you see it, Mrs Lords Custard cream is a good start and Digbys Custards are not too shabby either.

As a food, aye, institutional custard put me right off and I didna touch the stuff for years, but as soon as I got back into making fresh custard and using 2 different types of cream in the mix.....

I do .....

If your after flavour, mesh wick all the way.
Works well with fruit and tobacco flavoured juices
Cotton wool for dessert flavoured juices

I do .....

If your after flavour, mesh wick all the way.
Works well with fruit and tobacco flavoured juices
Cotton wool for dessert flavoured juices

Beautiful. Mesh for the win!

I can't suggest mesh on it's own, but I've used SS rope and mesh exclusively for 2-3 months now. I could never go back.

Back
Top Bottom