What's new

Mephisto V2 build.

Aye, I got conned by the Veritas hype too. I tried to be patient with it, put in far more effort than it deserved, but in the end it was given away as i'd been smitten with the Mephisto.

What do you guys think about buying wire already twisted? I've seen some on ebay, 26g twisted 10m for about 4 quid. Reckon that's a good deal?

I just twisted some wire https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NGrLb6W5YOM
When I wrap my coils I like to be https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NGrLb6W5YOM

I made an 0.8ohm coil around 3mm, using 0.34 twisted wire. I'm liking the throat hit from this build. It really tickles the back of the throat, in a nice way, lol. Thing is though, I'm not getting as much vapour as I was out of a standard single coil build a 1.2ohms.

The flavour is better on the twisted build but the vapour isn't. Maybe I've got too much wick in there, but I had to fill the 3mm coil so used more.

I think I'll call this one the Celine Dion build. Twisted, nice throat hit, good enough flavour but needs a bit of tweaking to realise full potential.

Last edited:
I just twisted some wire https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NGrLb6W5YOM
When I wrap my coils I like to be https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NGrLb6W5YOM

I made an 0.8ohm coil around 3mm, using 0.34 twisted wire. I'm liking the throat hit from this build. It really tickles the back of the throat, in a nice way, lol. Thing is though, I'm not getting as much vapour as I was out of a standard single coil build a 1.2ohms.

The flavour is better on the twisted build but the vapour isn't. Maybe I've got too much wick in there, but I had to fill the 3mm coil so used more.

I think I'll call this one the Celine Dion build. Twisted, nice throat hit, good enough flavour but needs a bit of tweaking to realise full potential.

I had a big twisted phase with zipper coils recently, massive clouds, less so on the flavour. Couple of days ago I made some fused Clapton 32 round parallel 26, dual coil. It's awesome for clouds, but the flavour is so much warmer. The coils soak up liquid without even having a wick in, and it's 0.1 ohm but warm and tasty like a much higher resistance.

Sent from my iPad using Planet of the Vapes

I made a new coil using 0.4mm, 11 wraps wound over 3mm for 1.7ohms. I'm getting really good clouds from this and good flavour too at 22.2watts. Is this because of more surface area? Thicker wire?

I'd rather only build coils 1.1ohms or higher, so I'm a bit hesitant to use even thicker wire. This is mainly because of battery life and juice consumption, saving me having to drip every 5 mins.

I was thinking of making a parallel coil using 28g, but that's have to be around 0.7 ohms or there'd be more too surface area. I made a parallel coil earlier, but it was 11wraps and wouldn't even fit, lol. The posts need to be further apart.

I made a new coil using 0.4mm, 11 wraps wound over 3mm for 1.7ohms. I'm getting really good clouds from this and good flavour too at 22.2watts. Is this because of more surface area? Thicker wire?

I'd rather only build coils 1.1ohms or higher, so I'm a bit hesitant to use even thicker wire. This is mainly because of battery life and juice consumption, saving me having to drip every 5 mins.

I was thinking of making a parallel coil using 28g, but that's have to be around 0.7 ohms or there'd be more too surface area. I made a parallel coil earlier, but it was 11wraps and wouldn't even fit, lol. The posts need to be further apart.

Glad you've got something that works for you in the V2 at last.
Now, despite your worry over les than an ohm coils, why no make 2 of those and see how you get on with that? As it is a regulated device, you should get a more interesting experience. Certainly more clouds.
Why no try a parallel build wi' the 0.4, only 3 or 4 wraps and give that a bash??

Don't be too worried over lower resistance builds, Ok, I was on 'brown alert' the first couple of very low builds but it turned out all rather well. Currently running a 0.3ohm Clapton coil in one V2 and a 0.4 'Zipper Coil' in the other.

No matter what coil you have, in a dripper you WILL have to refill every few minutes or seconds.

Glad you've got something that works for you in the V2 at last.
Now, despite your worry over les than an ohm coils, why no make 2 of those and see how you get on with that? As it is a regulated device, you should get a more interesting experience. Certainly more clouds.
Why no try a parallel build wi' the 0.4, only 3 or 4 wraps and give that a bash??

Don't be too worried over lower resistance builds, Ok, I was on 'brown alert' the first couple of very low builds but it turned out all rather well. Currently running a 0.3ohm Clapton coil in one V2 and a 0.4 'Zipper Coil' in the other.

No matter what coil you have, in a dripper you WILL have to refill every few minutes or seconds.

lol, my last coils worked ok too, but I can't help try new ones, so I doubt this'll be my forever coil. It's the best one 'so far' anyway.

Do you mean have a go at doing dual coil? Yeah might have a go at that. Maybe 0.7ohm dual coil build using 0.32mm wound over 3mm. That'd be about 5 wraps either coil. I'll give that a go later on today I think.

As for the parallel build. My IPV mini only goes down to 0.5ohms, so if I were to make a 0.5 parallel build wound over 3mm that'd be 6/7 wraps. I couldn't do any less wraps unless I wound it over like 4 or 5mm.

I'm not really worried about low ohm builds on a regulated mod. It's just that unless I'm using thicker wire and to reduce number of wraps, I've finally got it into my thick head that building lower ohms has no value on a regulated mod. I think! Well apart from draining your battery quicker, if you call that value.

As for your last point about dripping, I disagree a little. I used to top up my Veritas dripper every 30 mins to an hour sometimes. Then again it was rubbish flavour for a dripper so I'd rather drip more regularly and get better performance.

Cheers.

Back
Top Bottom