What's new

Mephisto V2 build.

Cool. I think I follow that, not sure. hmm, which is 'left', depends which way you look at it, unless I'm being stupid. Probably, lol. Please posts more pics if you can, they're really insightful. I would takes pics myself only my camera aint here at the mo.

Cool. I think I follow that, not sure. hmm, which is 'left', depends which way you look at it, unless I'm being stupid. Probably, lol. Please posts more pics if you can, they're really insightful. I would takes pics myself only my camera aint here at the mo.

I know what you mean, basically, hold the RDA so you can see through all three post holes, you can the make a coil which will either branch the center post to the right post (like the pics)or the left post, either way it doesn't make massive differences,

If you've only got a regulated mod I'd suggest actually upping the ohms not lowering them, try a single coil at around 1-1.2 ohms using the coil calculators online and see how you feel, low ohm coils tendvto come into there own league on mech mods not regulated

This ^^ . If you're using a VW/VV device why bother going low sub ohm?.

I made a single 0.8 ohms coil using 0.34mm 28g wire using muji for wick. It was ok, not very much vapour at first but then it kicked in and got a fair amount of vapour. The flavour is 'good' not great though. Then again I am only using onepoundeliquid at the mo which quite good but isn't the best quality. I really need to make up some DIY juice at 80VG when I decide not to be so lazy.

The 0.8ohm coil wasn't doing it for me after a day or so, so I made a 1.2ohm coil using the same wire. I think the extra wraps for more surface area make a difference as I am now getting more vapour and the flavour is slightly better. On this current build I have the coil slightly low to the airholes as I find I get much more vapour. If I have the coil too high the vapour production can be pitiful. I'm staying around 22 watts which seems like enough power.

I've got some 30g wire on order so I can get a parallel build in there. I might get some 26g as well as I've never used that thickness of wire before, so it'll be interesting, but I dunno if that sorta wire is more for low ohm builds.

Anyway considering I'm just building single strand coils using 'ok' quality eliquid at 40PG/60VG I think I'm being hard on myself if I complain I'm not getting stellar performance. So I'm happy enough with it right now.

Parallel with 0.25 wire might be fun to do. Tricksy little wireses.....

You might think about twisting the narrow wires together, that way you'll get far more surface area to play with. Tried it a few times with 0.3mm wire and it wasn't too bad at all.
Steam engine will let you put in numbers for twisted wire.

PM me your address and I'll post you something interesting in the next week or so.

I don't really know how to twist wire best so I haven't tried that yet. Yeah thicker wire is definitely easier to use. I've been using 0.25 wire recently to do parallel builds on the veritas, and it's quite good. I've run out though so am using 0.34 at the mo for standard single coils which is definitely nicer to work with.

The Mephisto RDA doesn't seem to vapourize juice, it eats it! Going through tons on juice. Like 5x or 6x as much as the veritas does on same builds. Dunno why. It is leaking a bit though and the top cap is hard to get on and off. Why do these clones seem to have orings that are too fat for the rda. I had the same problem with the veritas so took one of the orings off and now I can get the top cap on and off easily, but the Mephisto only has one oring so I don't want to remove that.

Anyway got a bit fed up of taking the top cap off and struggling to get it back on to top up juice every 5 mins so I'm using the veritas at the mo. Not getting as good flavour with the Veritas but zero leaking and easy to get the top cap off makes it seem appealing to use right now.

I don't really know how to twist wire best so I haven't tried that yet. Yeah thicker wire is definitely easier to use. I've been using 0.25 wire recently to do parallel builds on the veritas, and it's quite good. I've run out though so am using 0.34 at the mo for standard single coils which is definitely nicer to work with.

The Mephisto RDA doesn't seem to vapourize juice, it eats it! Going through tons on juice. Like 5x or 6x as much as the veritas does on same builds. Dunno why. It is leaking a bit though and the top cap is hard to get on and off. Why do these clones seem to have orings that are too fat for the rda. I had the same problem with the veritas so took one of the orings off and now I can get the top cap on and off easily, but the Mephisto only has one oring so I don't want to remove that.

Anyway got a bit fed up of taking the top cap off and struggling to get it back on to top up juice every 5 mins so I'm using the veritas at the mo. Not getting as good flavour with the Veritas but zero leaking and easy to get the top cap off makes it seem appealing to use right now.

Cut a foot of yer wire, get a sturdy pen with a good clip and a pair of pliers. fold the wire in half, slip the wire under the clip, hold the free ends in the pliers and twist the pen - tah dah, twisted wire. Thanks to Mr.Motivapr for that tip.

Drip the juice thro' the top cap maybes.... I dab a wee bit of juice on the o-rings on my clone V2 'fore i fire it up, does make life a bit easier.

And do excuse, but I'm going to give you a HUUUUGE moohahaha and then laugh again and point at you for the veritas. :rotflmao:

Thanks for the tip. I'll give that a go sometime, maybe not just now as I got no pliers. I tried to drip the juice through the top cap but for some reason it leaked like crazy. I had the airholes closed. It's weird this thing. Think it's the oring being bent out of shape when I put the top cap on. I have covered it in juice but it still hard to get the top cap on. Sure I'll figure it out.

Oh and as for the Veritas. I bought it because I thought why not, I'm worth it. I didn't realise at the time how little I was worth, lol.

Back
Top Bottom