What's new

Yihi's Temperature Control Chip - SX350J

Evolv ..... what a big disappointment :(
Just reading up on a Vaporflask V3 DNA40 clone (with temperature control) and apparently it has every single feature the genuine evolv DNA40 board has, and all features including the temperature control works all as it should - as evolvs should have worked when they first released it lol. As it's cheap I just ordered one to try out for myself

Last edited:
They are measures of almost the same thing (energy, watts = Joules per second), doesn't inspire confidence :rotflmao:

Probably be overpriced, wider than a battery and really don't like that they have fixed the position of the screen, up/down switches (no terminals) and USB so all the mods will have the same layout. I don't want USB either, but I guess they have to flash the fw.
Yihi has yet to disappoint me so far so I remain optimistic, if it works as it should it will be superior to evolvs chip in pretty much every way

Lets all hope its better than the dna40, probably not that hard to achieve.

Yihi has yet to disappoint me so far so I remain optimistic, if it works as it should it will be superior to evolvs chip in pretty much every way

We are all different, Evolv has yet to disappoint me and is the only board producer that are truly innovates, the cheap YiHis in IPVs are not much cop and the moders boards are overpriced and comparatively in-fixable in how you can mount them.

We are all different, Evolv has yet to disappoint me and is the only board producer that are truly innovates, the cheap YiHis in IPVs are not much cop and the moders boards are overpriced and comparatively in-fixable in how you can mount them.
Considering it was one of the first 50w mods available I was pleased with my IPV2 when i first got it, but it was the chip in my SX Mini i was thinking about when I wrote about Yihi not disappointing, the SX350 chip lived up to every expectation.

I agree we are all different and have different preferences, but I wouldn't say Evolv are the only ones innovating, especially if YiHi are about to drop 60w chip with temperature control which doesn't need Nichrome, and also has temp in °C as well as °F.

YiHi would only need a TC chip that actually works as it should from release to 1up evolv, nichrome/celsius or not

Not tried DIY so not sure how easy or hard it is in comparison

Last edited:
Did you order from 3F mate?
Yeah, was reluctant at first as i've never used them and they're new, but thought sod it as you can pay by paypal so it's covered. The one 3F supply is the one with good reviews, and they hold stock so dispatched straight away

Considering it was one of the first 50w mods available I was pleased with my IPV2 when i first got it, but it was the chip in my SX Mini i was thinking about when I wrote about Yihi not disappointing, the SX350 chip lived up to every expectation.

I agree we are all different and have different preferences, but I wouldn't say Evolv are the only ones innovating, especially if YiHi are about to drop 60w chip with temperature control which doesn't need Nichrome, and also has temp in °C as well as °F.

YiHi would only need a TC chip that actually works as it should from release to 1up evolv, nichrome/celsius or not

Not tried DIY so not sure how easy or hard it is in comparison

50 W or higher wattage in general is not innovation, just making something bigger. Introducing VV (probably a home modder), introducing VW (Evolv) & introducing temp control (Evolv) these are the only innovations in regulated mods I am aware of.

YiHi may or may not do a good job of temp reg, but don't see how coping Evolv will put them 1up.

The DNA40 has Celsius with first fw update and the YiHi will need nickel for temp monitoring.

Yea Evolv released some boards with a faulty screen connection this time, more of a sin was lack of information on how to use the DNA40, but they will replace a faulty board even if it in a mod and how many Kicks are there out there and I don't think I have ever heard of one giving problems.

I guess we won't know for certain until we get our hands on one to compare, glad we have more then one good chip manufacturer though, hopefully we will see more in the future

Sent from my iPhone using Planet of the Vapes

Back
Top Bottom