What's new

Mephisto V2 build.

lemon22

Postman
Hi guys,

So I went and got myself a Mephisto V2 clone. I only had some 28g (0.34mm) wire, and as I like the single parallel builds I made it 0.5ohms to keep the coil from being too long. The flavour is nice but I don't think it's quite right somehow (maybe too low ohms for me). The vapour production is there also but again not quite right. I've ramped it up to 30watts most of the time, but I did notice the coil would take a bit too long to fully fire up even at 30 watts. Maybe that is what is causing the issue.

I think I'll go build a single coil soon until 30g wire arrives. Anyway this is my very first build on this so I wasn't expecting it to be perfect, just couldn't wait to use it!

Anyone got any tips and tricks and general good setups for this device. Thanks!

Hi guys,

So I went and got myself a Mephisto V2 clone. I only had some 28g (0.34mm) wire, and as I like the single parallel builds I made it 0.5ohms to keep the coil from being too long. The flavour is nice but I don't think it's quite right somehow (maybe too low ohms for me). The vapour production is there also but again not quite right. I've ramped it up to 30watts most of the time, but I did notice the coil would take a bit too long to fully fire up even at 30 watts. Maybe that is what is causing the issue.

I think I'll go build a single coil soon until 30g wire arrives. Anyway this is my very first build on this so I wasn't expecting it to be perfect, just couldn't wait to use it!

Anyone got any tips and tricks and general good setups for this device. Thanks!

Less resistance, like a lot less resistance. Stick another parallel on the other side to drop it to 0.25 ohms and you'll be in the ballpark. Ramp up time is going to be high at 30watts, less resistance, more power, more clouds. :D

I only have an IPV mini at the moment that only goes down to 0.5ohm and max 30 watts, so a 0.25ohm build at 50 watts isn't option right now. lol, ta anyway.

Was kindly given a V2 last week and am still sussing out good builds on it. Not quite as good as the V1 so far tho' which is disappointing.

However, dual coil 6/7 wraps on 3mm bit with 0.45mm wire, came in at 0.4 ohms wasna too bad.
Single coil of twisted 0.4mm wire was funny and cloudy.
Single coil of 0.5mm at 0.5 ohms was alright.

Going to have another go tonight of dual coils and a different juice and see how that goes.

Do try thicker wire, for me far easier to work with and sturdier coils.

Was kindly given a V2 last week and am still sussing out good builds on it. Not quite as good as the V1 so far tho' which is disappointing.

However, dual coil 6/7 wraps on 3mm bit with 0.45mm wire, came in at 0.4 ohms wasna too bad.
Single coil of twisted 0.4mm wire was funny and cloudy.
Single coil of 0.5mm at 0.5 ohms was alright.

Going to have another go tonight of dual coils and a different juice and see how that goes.

Do try thicker wire, for me far easier to work with and sturdier coils.

Yeah think I'll order myself from 26g. I've just built a 0.8ohm single coil (not parallel this time). It's 'ok' but the vapour isn't all that. Guess you gotta put a cloud build in for that. This RDA is very new to me having only had a Veritas RDA previously, so I'm not sure if I'm getting the coil placement and airholes lined up the best.

Do you set the coil up so it's pretty close to the posts? That's how I've been doing it. I guess you do so the legs aren't too long. And do you put the airhole so it's close to the coil or I dunno, what kind of angle is best? If you own one you know what I mean. Thanks.

If you've only got a regulated mod I'd suggest actually upping the ohms not lowering them, try a single coil at around 1-1.2 ohms using the coil calculators online and see how you feel, low ohm coils tendvto come into there own league on mech mods not regulated

DSC_2370.jpg

I try and keep the coils sorta in the middle of the well, as close to the airholes as feasible to get as much flavour as possible.
Excuse the sh-te build in the pic, which is why it's getting ripped out and replaced later on.

View attachment 41602

I try and keep the coils sorta in the middle of the well, as close to the airholes as feasible to get as much flavour as possible.
Excuse the sh-te build in the pic, which is why it's getting ripped out and replaced later on.

Embra, do you have problems with hot legs on that build, I did when I coiled that way, but I found if I used the other posts on each side it worked better, as the pos post hole is higher and saves the half wrap

Embra, do you have problems with hot legs on that build, I did when I coiled that way, but I found if I used the other posts on each side it worked better, as the pos post hole is higher and saves the half wrap

I had problems with flavour and on that build!

Aye, hot legs were another minor issue with that one, but as I'd been waiting weeks to get a V2, it was a case of chuck something in and see how it goes.

Yes, lesson has been learned....

Same sort of thing didna happen with similar on the mutation X tho'.

I had problems with flavour and on that build!

Aye, hot legs were another minor issue with that one, but as I'd been waiting weeks to get a V2, it was a case of chuck something in and see how it goes.

Yes, lesson has been learned....

Same sort of thing didna happen with similar on the mutation X tho'.

Yeah i got sick of hot legs, so I tried coiling the opposite way and couldn't, so I started using the centre and left post instead, worked a treat

Back
Top Bottom