What's new

Porous Ceraminc Wicks for your Genesis Atomisers

After first seeing this its got me thinking. Sure I've seen a ceramic tube somewhere but can't think where I've seen it! I can see it in my head it's sort of a pinky ceramic colour, think it might have been on an ignition coil. If it comes to me and it is the right sort of size I'll let you know :)

Cheers @ZT, sorry thought you were into salties. Not sounding good if it has resin in.

One of these may do the trick
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/5mm-Dia-D..._Metalworking_Supplies_ET&hash=item5aec604b69

Either that or get a steel tube with the same inner diameter you want and get someone to machine some teeth onto it. Should be a matter of just drilling yourself out a wick.

Does the air stone burn at all? My laptop is playing up and youtube videos go a bit weird

I'm afraid it ain't that easy too drill a hole in a stone you'd need to find a diamond core drill as its basically an abrasive and will just wear a steel tube away you can get little diamond core drills for drilling tiles these would prolly do it but you wouldn't get the length
Personally I think grinding them would be the best bet but itll be a slow dirty job these stones will be so brittle as you get down to a 2-3mm diameter I cannot see it being feasable cheers Andy

After first seeing this its got me thinking. Sure I've seen a ceramic tube somewhere but can't think where I've seen it! I can see it in my head it's sort of a pinky ceramic colour, think it might have been on an ignition coil. If it comes to me and it is the right sort of size I'll let you know :)

Cheers @ZT, sorry thought you were into salties. Not sounding good if it has resin in.

I am into salties :) ... But we dont use air stones much .. unless its for mixing salt water (tho I use a powerhead) or in REALLY cheap skimmers ... which I dont use anyway!

Its gotta be possible to come up with a ceramic wick thats safe one way or another .. I for one am sick and tired of trying to convince Steel its not conductive.

But are they just chopped out of air stones?

Back
Top Bottom